Hosting Multiple 301 Redirect Domains

jlu87

Jun 29, 2010
CT
So I just snagged 2 PR4 domains to 301 to 2 upcoming sites of mine. They'll both be hit with Spam Gone Wild. The PR4 domains will be hosted on Hostgator (different host for the 2 money sites).

I was just wondering if both of these PR4's can be hosted on the same shared account or should each be on separate shared accounts?

If I put both on the same shared account, I'm just worried about increasing my footprint.

There is two ways to do redirects... one is via the hosting after it is all setup to run on a web server and the other is via DNS...

Some companies like Namecheap allow you to do a 301 redirect of a domain without even messing arround with a hosting account which makes things easier..

As for webservers, it really depends on the enviroment but some companies it will come down as an additional domain and it would make things harder in the longrun

Why do you want to host em at 2 different sites? Go in for C Class IPs which will enable you to get precisely what you want. Additionally, you can use 301s to redirect from any DNS module. Its SEO friendly at the end of the day.