Hostgator likes to suspend autoblog sites?

buohcom

Sep 23, 2010
I've been with Hostgator for 4 years now. LOVE them anyways.

Anyhow, recently, they've been suspending quite a few of my autoblog sites (3-6 months old).
My autoblog sites usually get spammed a lot and have plenty of fake traffic or so. I don't know, maybe like 3,000 visitors a month consuming 1-2 gb bandwitdh.

HG says it consumes a lot of database resource or whatever.

Anybody else have autoblogs with hosting problems from Hostgator or another hosting company?

They have resource limitations on their shared plans and autoblog plugins can be resource intensive. Do you have a caching plugin on your sites? Install W3 Total Cache and turn on page, object and database caching. Better to serve cached html pages instead of continually pounding your database.

Never had any issues with them suspending shared hosting accounts.

Their support live chat is pretty leet. Also btw if you chat with them, ask if they are in the Austin, TX HQ (most of them are), they will help you better ;)

I've had a low traffic blog on there and they said they'd ban me if i would not install a caching plugin, as i was consuming "too many resources".

Yeah even with Caching plugins, HG still send me warnings that my autoblogs are consuming too much resources.

I use WProbot. IDK, I guess its time to move away from autoblogging altogether.