host setup, country code conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozonew4m

ThisTimeNextYearRodders
Jul 6, 2007
At my desk!
I just got a new client who insisted i setup a hosting account with bluehost... upon starting the registration i noticed that they insist on the correct phone number and country code so that they can verify the account... ok fine... but what is my country code?

because they have a handy little live help thing on their page i decided to ask them instead of hitting google.. heres the conversation

Light M. [9:38:50 AM]: Hello how are you today?
FIRST TIME SALES QUESTION [9:38:50 AM]: what telephone code do i need to enter into the sign up form for birmingham UK example my phone number is #### ### ####
Light M. [9:38:58 AM]: I am not sure
FIRST TIME SALES QUESTION [9:39:41 AM]: oh... ok... when i sign up do you phone me to authorise the account?
Light M. [9:40:35 AM]: We do
FIRST TIME SALES QUESTION [9:43:11 AM]: where is your call center based? where do you phone from? I can find it on google im sure... although im a bit confused that for a company the size of bluehost - insisting on this information and then not providing the resources to find it is a bit strange.... lol... oh well.... thank you anyway
Light M. [9:43:36 AM]: What do you mean
[9:43:47 AM]: We are based in Orem,UT
[9:43:55 AM]: I am not the phone company i do not know your country codes
FIRST TIME SALES QUESTION [9:46:26 AM]: no... im not blaming you... im hoping you see the funny side as i do :) ... Your signup form states that you must provide the country code when entering your phone number... I bet only 50% of people outside the US actually know what their country code is... I bet you are loosing a lot of customers this way ... by "you" I mean bluehost... please dont take offence I know its not your fault
Light M. [9:46:41 AM]: It is fine
FIRST TIME SALES QUESTION [9:47:03 AM]: ok... thank you for your time... ill go look it up... thank you
Light M. [9:47:23 AM]: Thank you and have a great day

Am i the only daft gitt who dont know what country code to enter and thinks they are having a laff not providing some sort of reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.