Jun 27, 2007
www.glowleaf.net
I got this email:
Hi,

We've seen your website at Think out of the box » Glowleaf
and we love it!

We see that your traffic rank is 13221633
and your link popularity is 0.
Also, you have been online since <Online since>.

With that kind of traffic, we will pay you up to $4,800/month
to advertise our links on your website.

If you're interested, read our terms from this page:
hxxp://www.contactthem.ws/hit.php?s=10&p=2&w=104706

Sincerely,

Craig Clough
The ContactThem Network
Yes, I laughed. Screw TLA, this guy is giving me thousands for my links. (I'm kidding of course)

What the hell is this guy's business plan? Viral rapid growth, and then what?

The script doesn't even work right. It failed to retrieve the date you regged your domain.

lol I know I got one of those emails too, I was a huge fan of the <online since> message.

I thought it was a joke at first. I always write stupid messages like that as a joke for invite messages and 'email a friend' features...but this was not a joke lol

I got this email:
Yes, I laughed. Screw TLA, this guy is giving me thousands for my links. (I'm kidding of course)

What the hell is this guy's business plan? Viral rapid growth, and then what?

I get emails like that ALL the time for my blog and for WF. I don't think it's TLA, it's for an MLM type of biz scam. The $4800/mo that they promise to pay you is made from affiliate revenue of selling whatever products they are hocking.

I got a hilarious email too..

HELLO SELLER,
MY NAME IS STIVEN JOE, I HAVE INTEREST IN PURCHASHING YOUR CAR WHICH I SAW THE ADVERT WITH PRICE (£2,900)AND I WILL BE GRATEFUL IF YOU CAN SELL IT OUT FOR ME. PRESENTLY I AM FINANCIALY DAWN, BUT I WILL AUTHORISE MY ASSOCIATE CREDITOR CLIENT TO ISSUE YOU A CERTIFIED CASHIER'S CHEQUE ON MY BEHALF AND HE WILL ISSUE A CHEQUE OF (£6,300) WHICH YOU WILL PAYIN TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND YOU WILL DEDUCT YOUR MONEY AND SEND THE REMAINING BALANCE TO MY SHIPPER THROUGH WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANFER FOR THE PICK UP OF THE CAR. AND I HOPE I CAN TRUST YOU FOR THE BALANCE, IF THIS TERM IS OKAY BY YOU PLEASE GET BACK TO ME WITH THIS DETAILS BELOW;

ISSUE NAME FOR THE CHEQUE.......
FULL ADDRESS.........
ZIPCODE......
PHONE NUMBER.....
AND MOBILE PHONE........"

Status
Not open for further replies.