High Comp Low Traffic KW's

It sounds like you're talking about a PPC campaign. I don't see why you'd want high competition keywords regardless of the traffic level. You'd have more people bidding which would drive up the price. I'm not sure what your strategy is on the low traffic and more sales. Are you looking at a focused niche?

It sounds like you're talking about a PPC campaign. I don't see why you'd want high competition keywords regardless of the traffic level. You'd have more people bidding which would drive up the price. I'm not sure what your thinking is on the low traffic and more sales. Are you looking at a focused niche?

I run adsense, so that's PPC, right? Seriously, that shit gets really confusing to me.

Anyway, in that event would I want high comp low traffic, or would you say to stick to low comp high traffic even if using adsense?

wow, was literally about to ask the same question, but saw this at the top of the thread.

i'm trying to figure out if the "competition" on the google keyword search makes a difference for us on the adsense side as well.

wow, was literally about to ask the same question, but saw this at the top of the thread.

i'm trying to figure out if the "competition" on the google keyword search makes a difference for us on the adsense side as well.

I am under the impression that the 'competition' on the Google Keyword related to PPC (or adsense) rather than SEO (or the results under the ones with the yellow BG).

I run adsense, so that's PPC, right? Seriously, that shit gets really confusing to me.

Anyway, in that event would I want high comp low traffic, or would you say to stick to low comp high traffic even if using adsense?
PPC is where you pay so much for each KW term. You pay your specified amount of dollars if someone clicks on your link, regardless of whether you pay or not. This is done via on Google via Google AdWords.

If you have advertising on your site and you get paid if someone visiting your site clicks on the ad then that is Adsense. For that, you want high traffic going to see the site but this is a balancing act with the cost per click. The competition metric on the Google Keywords relates to PPC AFAIK.

I am under the impression that the 'competition' on the Google Keyword related to PPC (or adsense) rather than SEO (or the results under the ones with the yellow BG).

I get that part. But, I was more or less wondering if it had any effect on the advertisers on my site. Like would I get a lower CPC or possibly not even have a contextually relevant ad on my site. Eg. somebody comes to my widgets site with a low competition for the adword and winds up with movie ticket ads.

Look for keywords that have low competition among websites. In other words, you're looking at the "supply" of keywords on websites that are available for advertisers. Then, compare those numbers to find relatively high competition keywords on which advertisers are bidding. To get bidding data, use an Adwords tool.