Help with Script

Rumpelstiltskin

Feb 28, 2010
Hey guys,
I'm using aweber and need help with a script. Basically, I need to setup a trigger whereby a user (who's already signed up to my list) gets an email when they click on a certain link in one of my previous emails.

How do I set this up?

Hey adigitalorange, let me explain -

User subscribes to my list. He starts getting emails from aweber. He eventually gets an email that says 'click this link' and I'll send you a gift. He clicks it, and I now have to send him an email thru aweber with the gift.

How do I do this?

Hey adigitalorange, let me explain -

User subscribes to my list. He starts getting emails from aweber. He eventually gets an email that says 'click this link' and I'll send you a gift. He clicks it, and I now have to send him an email thru aweber with the gift.

How do I do this?

Why not just have that link go to your "gift"?

Can aweber append the users email at the end of the link they're clicking on? For example mysite.com/link.php?email=theiremail@something.com? If so that would make it relatively easy to do.

Can aweber append the users email at the end of the link they're clicking on? For example mysite.com/link.php?email=theiremail@something.com? If so that would make it relatively easy to do.
Yes, I think I can append the user's email. What next?

I think Aweber has some code that you paste onto the page where they land (youre action page) that puts them onto a new list.

People use this to create buyers and prospect lists. If somebody hits the thank you page, the code will tell Aweber to put them onto a special list.

In your case, if people click on your special link and hit that lander, thats where the code would go.

Make them click a button/link which is nothing but a form with populated hidden fields... (have to do this on website not email)

Throw in some javascript and make it auto submit... but be careful Aweber are fuckers and don't like it when you use thier system to "Really" market your shit...