HELP WANTED: domain monetization consultation

Status
Not open for further replies.

smap

Jan 6, 2007
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just grabbed a domain related to the Google Chrome browser. I think the domain is a good one from a keyword perspective.

I have good technical strengths ... developing a site on the domain is not a problem ... my weaknesses are content creation, SEO, & monetization.

I would like consultation to help develop a strategy for this domain. If interested please provide some info that allows me to know that you have success in the areas of content creation, SEO, and monetization and let me know what you'd charge.

developing a site on the domain is not a problem
okay, that is a start. You can develop a site, great!
... my weaknesses are content creation, SEO, & monetization.
Wait, I thought you just said you can develop a site? What else is in "developing a site" then content, seo, and monetization? Registering the domain, throwing up a template, hosting the files and changing the DNS? Am I missing something here or does it sound like you registered a domain (probably G00gleChromeBetaReleaseIE8Killer.info) and want someone else to do all the work?

Wait, I thought you just said you can develop a site? What else is in "developing a site" then content, seo, and monetization? Registering the domain, throwing up a template, hosting the files and changing the DNS? Am I missing something here or does it sound like you registered a domain (probably G00gleChromeBetaReleaseIE8Killer.info) and want someone else to do all the work?

Man you come off like an ass.

First off, I'm not asking anyone to do anything for free. If it wasn't clear I'm looking for PAID consultation.

Second, no my domain is 2 focused keywords, no hyphen, ending with .com (I also grabbed .net and .org).

I'm a programmer, my strengths are technical. I'm willing to outsource design, content creation, link-building, etc. but would like to speed up and focus my efforts by employing someone who can guide me a bit. This is often done in business.

Thanks for your post.

You don't have to attack every single person that posts here about something business related.

First off, I'm not asking anyone to do anything for free. If it wasn't clear I'm looking for PAID consultation.

Second, no my domain is 2 focused keywords, no hyphen, ending with .com (I also grabbed .net and .org).

I'm a programmer, my strengths are technical. I'm willing to outsource design, content creation, link-building, etc. but would like to speed up and focus my efforts by employing someone who can guide me a bit. This is often done in business.

Thanks for your post.
To monetize it I'd look at the "google pack" or something that I've heard rumor of. If the browser isn't already packaged in there, hopefully it will be soon. It's a couple bucks a download.

To monetize it I'd look at the "google pack" or something that I've heard rumor of. If the browser isn't already packaged in there, hopefully it will be soon. It's a couple bucks a download.

Good to know thanks. I've done the whole MFA-ish sites before where SERP ranking and PPC/PPA is the only goal. Part of me is thinking this site should be a real community vs. that which is part of the reason I'm looking for consultation. Maybe this site should be a little longer-term investment.

Thanks for your post.

Yeah maybe a little bit

Anyways, I did not read your whole post which I should have and didn't see the last part "tell me what you'd charge" but every single forum gets people trying to get stuff for free or for revshare because they have no money to pay anyone.

Your honestly better just going to DP and getting people to do the stuff and don't hire someone to find someone to do that stuff.

Finding people to do link building might be hard but idk I've never tried to find people to do link building you'd be better off just making your site viral because you will never be able to rank for terms worth even trying to rank for and make any sort of ROI.

Good luck, have fun, and don't go making too much money ;-)

Good luck, have fun, and don't go making too much money ;-)

Thanks I haven't so far. Ya know what's true? People will work 100x harder to get "something or nothing" than they will for a honest dollar. If I spent all the time I've spent trying to learn about AM writing software .... alas.

This was helpful thanks.

You don't have to attack every single person that posts here about something business related.

Yeah, that was my bad. I thought he was looking for something for free. Should have read the whole post.

Anyways, I thought they were stopping the google pack? or paying for referrals rather.

Good to know thanks. I've done the whole MFA-ish sites before where SERP ranking and PPC/PPA is the only goal. Part of me is thinking this site should be a real community vs. that which is part of the reason I'm looking for consultation. Maybe this site should be a little longer-term investment.

Go with a community, that would be one of the best options for a site like this.

Build a list and use it too launch your own related programs/addons and whatever creative thing you can think of and make some cash off adsense and other ad networks in the mean time until you can leverage it to open a different site that can make you serious money or a network of like-minded sites (firefox community, browser addon community, windows app community, etc, etc) that can make you some serious money by banking of off sheer volume of UV/Pageviews with adsense/cpm ad networks. Then just sell them off in a year for some nice coin.

Go with a community, that would be one of the best options for a site like this.

Build a list and use it too launch your own related programs/addons and whatever creative thing you can think of and make some cash off adsense and other ad networks in the mean time until you can leverage it to open a different site that can make you serious money or a network of like-minded sites (firefox community, browser addon community, windows app community, etc, etc) that can make you some serious money by banking of off sheer volume of UV/Pageviews with adsense/cpm ad networks. Then just sell them off in a year for some nice coin.

I was actually leaning towards a forum/community and think it lends itself well to the specific sub-niche in the domain name. I built a forum before and was (amazingly) able to dump it for $5k. The problem was I probably had $10k worth of investment in to it (mostly sweat equity but also some paid outsourced design & SEO).

Does anyone know if it's feasible to open a forum then not participate in it? I've done some paid forum posting stuff before and that worked well for getting my community going but I was still known on the forum as "the owner/admin" and felt compelled to post occasionally (even though I hated that part of the work). Can you run a forum that has no participating owner or are the users eventually asking, "who runs this thing?"

I was actually leaning towards a forum/community and think it lends itself well to the specific sub-niche in the domain name. I built a forum before and was (amazingly) able to dump it for $5k. The problem was I probably had $10k worth of investment in to it (mostly sweat equity but also some paid outsourced design & SEO).

Does anyone know if it's feasible to open a forum then not participate in it? I've done some paid forum posting stuff before and that worked well for getting my community going but I was still known on the forum as "the owner/admin" and felt compelled to post occasionally (even though I hated that part of the work). Can you run a forum that has no participating owner or are the users eventually asking, "who runs this thing?"

To answer your question, yes you can make a forum without posting but it would be a lot harder/most likely not as successful. Just get some paid posters, get some friends and tell them to post a few times as a favor, and just be really active yourself. Once you get to a certain point you can just slowly stop posting. People aren't going to care unless you are a topic of discussion a lot. (which you shouldn't be.) Just get some good mods and you will be all set as long as spammers aren't spamming, people are being banned for dumb shit, and off-topic/against the rules threads are being locked no one is going to be saying "who runs this thing".

Status
Not open for further replies.