Help needed: Open source software

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyB

Nov 20, 2006
Everywhere
Hi All,
I am looking for an OpenSource software which uses PHP and MySQL. The functionality I am looking for is interaction from me to my students (one-to-many not many-to-many).

So, I assign tasks for them. They complete the assignments and send the task to my queue.

Required feature:
1. Using PHP and MySQL
2. I can only assign tasks to the students. That particular task can be seen only by the assigned student. He can complete the assignment and post it to my queue, so that I can evaluate.

Optional features:
1. Task priority
2. comments
3. status: like assigned, pending, review etc.

Anybody know of any opensource software which does the above?

Thanks in advance. :bowdown:

you could probably get someone to make one for you.

this confuses me though..."He can complete the assignment and post it to my queue, so that I can evaluate."

And by completing an assignment you mean provide a way for them to make an attachment?

you could probably get someone to make one for you.

this confuses me though..."He can complete the assignment and post it to my queue, so that I can evaluate."

And by completing an assignment you mean provide a way for them to make an attachment?

Its just the change in status.
Assigned -> Student's queue.
Pending -> my queue (to be reviewed)
Rejected -> that task is closed.

something like that.

My school uses Blackboard for that kind of stuff... But a basic forum would also do everything you ask...
1. Using PHP and MySQL
2. I can only assign tasks to the students. That particular task can be seen only by the assigned student. He can complete the assignment and post it to my queue, so that I can evaluate.

Optional features:
1. Task priority
2. comments
3. status: like assigned, pending, review etc.
1. Most forums use PHP and MySQL
2. Have a Members only area where you only allow students to become members... Then they can only view the area

op features
1. I guess you'd just have to have a thread called priorities and list them there
2. Students can comment on threads, start new ones, etc.
3. This would be hard... you could have a turn in category where if they turn something in they start a new thread and attach their document (or pm it to you or something...) then you can have it so you can reply to their thread w/ the status...

Everything can be done, but it would require a little finagling.

thanks dastuff. I love forums. But the only problem is all threads are in many-to-many relationship. All students can interact in that thread.

I am prefering to have thread having the capability of one-to-many. That means, I can see all the threads, but the students can only see the threads assigned to them.

Thanks for your time guys!

You can use a support ticket system or a project management script for what you want to do.

Check out the free ones on hotscripts.com

Status
Not open for further replies.