Not open for further replies.

NickRac

ก้้้้้้&
Jan 9, 2009
Greenwich, CT
www.racanelligroup.com
Long Story Short:

I'm selling a laptop on Craig'sList and got this obvious scam email:

Hi...I saw your laptop posted on craigslist, I hope it's in good condition?I am willing to pay the said
amount for the item.I want to bring to your attention that i will not be able to pick up the item just
because of my work schedules as i am out of the state.I am presently in Georgia on an official trip
representing my company(Coscharis Motor's).I am buying this item into my New Store where i sell both
brand and like new items.I will add $100 for the shipping and insurance fee and payment via PayPal for
a safe and secure transaction. So kindly get back to me with your PayPal email address so that i can
send the payment for the item to you ASAP..
Thanks,
Stacey
Obviously they pay via stolen paypal...money gets charged back 3 days later after I already shipped...bla bla bla

How can I get this person good? My only idea is shipping feces to them...but I don't want to have to touch that...or drugs and "tippping" the cops off which is a little too intense for me...

I wish I could ship them a dick roll

Any other suggestions?

Ship an empty box via fedex
show up on the day when its supposed to arrive
hide in bushes
smash fat kid who lives in moms basement with bat

Guys not necessarily a scamer just because he wants to pay using paypal.

But if that did bug you tell him you want payment via western union or the likes. Problem solved.

just forget it, it is not worth your time.

i sell a lot of camera lenses on CL and i get those email everyweek

there's a forum dedicated to scamming the scammers back. Forgot the name. A few years ago when i sold shit on egay i decided to get back at one of them. Got them to give me a fedex account to send them a laptop, told them I would send them 4 laptops for xxx price. Filled a box with 20 lbs of broken laptops from early 1990's and shipped it to nigeria via their fedex account. I also claimed value at like $1500 for customs hahahaha.

I would have loved to see the look on that guy's face.

take some inspiration from Welcome to the 419 Eater

album_picm.php

First, if you think it's shady, send him an email back and say: "Oh, your in Georgia right now? My sister lives in Georgia. Is there anyway you can meet her in person and give her cash for the laptop? I don't have a PayPal account. I can ship it to her tomorrow if you can meet here. Let me know."

So on. See what his response is. You'll find out soon after that.

Check out this one. Crazy:

Nigerian Scam Perp Gets 376 Year Jail Sentence

Here's a scam story with a happy ending... kind of.
Harrison Odiawa (aka Abu Belgore), pictured below, was convicted in a Lagos, Nigeria court to 376 years for advance fee fraud, obtaining by false pretence, conspiracy and forgery.
nigerian_scammer.jpg

So why isn't this a happy story?
It turns out the victim, a U.S. citizen named Robert Blick, has been serving a 30 month jail sentence himself for defrauding his own business partners in order to give over $2,000,000 to the scammers.
The story begins on March 21, 2003, when Blick received an e-mail from a person in Nigeria by the name of Taye Owo, looking for a foreign contractor to transfer $20.5 million out of Nigeria.
Sound familiar?
Unfortunately, Blick hadn't heard of the scam and became excited about getting 20 million dollars for nothing. Don't we all?
After many emails, phone calls, and faxes back and forth, the scammers provided a certificate of incorporation for Blick's American company in Nigeria as well as a job completion certificate. With those, Blick believed he was ready to pick up the 20 million and decided London was the place to make it happen. Once in London, however, the deal played out just like it always does...
The scammers "... told him that he would need £10,000 for his agent to open a bank account, and another $18,750.00 as a trust processing fee when the money transaction took place.
Blick, who came to London with only £10,000, had to stop around London with his credit cards to raise another £20,000 to meet these demands. From this moment on, Blick was in the net of the fraudsters and they milked and milked him until he started selling his personal property and dipping his hand into the account of the company he co-owned with his partners in America.
First, they showed him an aluminium strong box, which he thought contained the money. They also opened it and showed him two bundles, which he confirmed were genuine. They could not, however, pay him because one document - International Clearance and Policy Certificate (ICP) number was not available. It had to come from Nigeria, so the payment was cancelled. Next, he was informed on April 7, 2003 that a sum of $ 410, 000 was required before the ICP could be issued. He paid $195,000 as his own share. Belgore was to pay the rest."
Like all "Advanced Fee" schemes, the big payoff gets closer and closer, but never quite materializes.
The milking continued until Blick's American corporate partners became suspicious and called the FBI. Luckily the FBI was able to knock some sense into Blick, but not until he had given $2,092,894 million of his and his company's money to the scammers.
In January, 2004 Blick was charged with wire fraud along with conspiracy to draud the Nigerian government. After all, the scam Blick went along with supposedly involved stealing the 20 million dollars from the Nigerian government. Blick was convicted in September, 2004 and sentenced to 30 months in jail.
Enough talk about the "victim." Now back to our scammers...
Once Blick was convicted, the FBI alerted the Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) regarding Odiawa, alias Abu Belgore, the man behind the fraud. With evidence provided by Blick and others, Odiawa was convicted and sentenced to the 376 years.
Does this story have a happy ending? Sort of...

• A scammer has been brought to justice.
  • A victim has been taught a painful and valuable lesson about greed.
  • The public gets another case study on how to avoid scams and scammers.
The victim and the scammer both received their [SIZE=-1]comeuppance. Hopefully the family of the victim and his business partners get back their $2,000,000.[/SIZE]

I would get him to scan this IP adress : 204.34.131.0

(note, don't even try to scan it for fun, simply get someone to scan it if you want revenge)

How ? I don't know. But this IP adress is the IP of the NSA foreign bureau in Naples, Italy.

One scan over 30 seconds will have his IP back traced and the FBI knocking at his door if he hasn't covered his trace.

By "bots" i meant worms running on compromised computers that just scan a range of IPs.

Ah.

I can understand that someone would scan this IP through a network of zombies, but I can imagine that the people infected probably either get their connection jumped immediately or get a nice visit from their local law enforcement representant if they're either in the US or Western Europe.

Anyway, I still think that it's a nice trick to play to someone. That IP or any other. Israeli air force, etc.

He'll pay you with a stolen paypal account, so you just ship him a stolen laptop. Joke's on him

lol are you an idiot? what does the scammer lose? nothing. What does OP lose? A fucking laptop .... how is the joke on the scammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.