Help a noob monetize a blog/General advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric281

Lucky Noob.
Jan 7, 2008
I'm trying to figure out the best way to monetize my wife's blog. [Note: I'm also interested in any other general advice pertaining to the site (seo, formatting, etc)] I have a bit of experience with SEO for commercial sites, have made some money traffic brokering for some CPA networks, but this is the first blog that I'm trying to make money with.

The content is makeup and cosmetics review, how-tos and just general beauty tips. It was something she started on blogger while she was bored at work. I found out about it over the holidays, bought her a domain, moved it to wordpress and did some basic SEO work. It's been live since the first of the year, and for the last two days we've been in the 40-50 visitors a day. So far, she signed up for a couple blog catalog type sites, put her link in a few signature posts, little things like that. She also got listed in google fairly quickly, and we've been getting a decent amount of search traffic for some of the longer keywords (specific products that she has reviewed).

So far, with just adsense running the eCPM has been $5.60. I'm not sure if we will sustain that though? She has a couple CPA links scattered through a couple posts, and I think she has experimented with an amazon aStore and Chitika mini-malls. I have accounts with half a dozen CPA networks, adsense, widget bucks, and we've considered finding something from clickbank or another affiliate site. I'm just not sure what works best in a niche like this. Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks for reading, and since I'm new, I'm not really sure if I should post the link, but I'll go ahead. If I should take it off let me know and I will. makeup reviews and how-tos | The Beauty Bunny

Status
Not open for further replies.