Hearing Liquid Pixels...yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekon1

Aug 24, 2006
Sup WF fam...

Aside from AM, I picked up DJ'ing as a hobby a couple months back. The music I spin is drum & bass (mainly liquid d&b - more soulful, lighter.... but when I get in the mood, I also play that really really nasty dirty and grimey d&b >:D )

ANNNYWAYS....

Taking a step back, before I even got into AM, I've been doing multimedia design since '98, web design,graphic design,digital video, animation etc etc... what does this have to do with DJ'ing?

Well, I took whatever I knew about graphics..... and applied it to a drum and bass music. (sorta like VJ'ing - video jockey)

I beatmatched tempos of videos and made transitions on the fly when the music changes. Got videos layered on top of videos. Some wacked out visuals to match the music too. I dont know if I have synesthesia, or whatever, but I chose vids and images that I saw in my head when I heard the sounds. Quite trippy to watch if you're under the influence :p

thumb_hearingliquidpixels.jpg

Check out the mix and vid >> Hearing Liquid Pixels - a vj set - Nicky Laws | Kensino

btw. nicky laws and ken sino are my alter ego(s) for the audio visual stuff :anon.sml:

:bigear:

Tripped me right the fuck out, even though I was completely sober. Good track selection, imho Danny Byrd is God's gift to humanity.

God damn that shit is crazy, thanks for the link. Best DnB I've ever heard.

Nice! :D Love a bit of drum n bass! Great visuals man and great use of Ableton Live - It's a great bit of kit, not tried using it to DJ rather than produce but played a bit with Djing with Traktor, sure Ableton is more flexible. Onyx looks very impressive.. gotta have a play with that!

You use any hardware controllers with Ableton or Onyx?

Nice! :D Love a bit of drum n bass! Great visuals man and great use of Ableton Live - It's a great bit of kit, not tried using it to DJ rather than produce but played a bit with Djing with Traktor, sure Ableton is more flexible. Onyx looks very impressive.. gotta have a play with that!

You use any hardware controllers with Ableton or Onyx?

This particular set above was arranged in ableton. As for midi controllers, I'm using the Vestax VCI-100 as a midi controller and running Traktor 3 DJ software. Usually when I have freestyle sessions just picking out random tracks mixing and blending, I've synced onyx (the vj program) with the vestax, so every time I cross-fade to the next track, or do an effect, it affects the vj program at the same time. Provides a great multimedia A/V experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.