headed to ASW? Make a quick $4,995

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew wee

Dec 1, 2006
singapore
www.whoisandrewwee.com
if you're headed to ASW, you might not be aware that there's a RC car race (held BYOC - "bring your own car" style) with a booth worth $4,995 at ASE08 in boston later this year (i think july or so), going to the winner.

At the moment, it looks like only 4 competitors and your $100 participation fee will be a donation to the children's foundation (as far as I'm aware i dont think the facebook app-pink ribbon-breast cancer hecklers should have a problem with this).

Anyway, if you'd like to do some good and have some fun, check out:
Great Affiliate Road Rally Donation

start your engines....

ps: I'm likely to carry a car halfway round the world for this too....

only 4 contestants listed at the sponsors page, so i think we would be our own worst competition....

btw, for those who're interested, Ari (AKA Oziman) and i are talking about going down to the las vegas shooting range and shooting a bunch of stuff up...
they have mp5s,m-16s, ak47s, uzis, desert eagles, glocks, etc etc...

anyone else might be interested to come along?

take a look at this site:
Welcome to Las Vegas Gun Range & Firearm Center

Oh lord. Adam races RC cars for a hobby... Maybe I could steal one. Haha. They are way too fast - I would surely kill it by crashing.

i was hoping it would be like...everyone gets provided with the cars and just have a race but im sure some rc car buff is going to bring some pwnmobile and wreck everyone.

Just go into it with a wingman to run interference on the pro cars while you sprint to victory.

I am waiting til I see the room to set up some sort of a course, but I plan to put in some obstacles and stuff, so it's not going to be a drag race.

Yea I wouldn't be surprised to see a hobby level electric or nitro car wtfpwn those Toys'R'Us/Radio Shack branded cars.

OMG I AM SO IN!!!!!!!!!!!

hey andrew could you please send me some details on this. Do they have a website or anything we can find out what qualifies? Can the electrics race with the nitros? I'd be scared as hell of bringing my car on a plane trip with me but this would be sooo worth it!

Here's my what started out as an electric rustler vxl but is now 100% custom beastly nitro killer.

7387car---Copy.JPG

edit: nevermind I just saw the room dimensions and the types of cars that'll be racing. I'll bring my little sprint car instead. Its fun as hell to drive in tight areas.

2451sprint.JPG

Last edited:
You're a bit off on the size - this is a room that can fit more than 1000 people for the keynote.

I don't have dimensions handy, but way bigger than 25' x 40'.
I wish they were doing this another night instead of tuesday cus i'm leaving monday, now that i think aboutit.
next asw...BATTLEBOTS! :bowdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.