Have you experienced any shifts in mobile SERPs for your websites after Mobilegeddon?

HostZealot

Apr 7, 2015
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
I frequent many forums and this topic was mentioned on some of them, while generally going unnoticed. Our website did not go up or down greatly in any SERPs, both desktop or mobile, but we did our best to become mobile-friendly long ago.

People access the web from their tablets, smartphones and other devices to chat, listen to the music, watch a movie, check their social network accounts and emails, pay their bills and for a million of other things.

- Google introduced new algorythm for mobile search results? Oh for God's sake, this is no Panda or Penguin so I do not care - that's the common opinion it seems.

As far as it goes, I think Google just gave a push to those webmasters who still did not make their websites mobile-friendly

However, some guys did contact Google support team and found out that backlinks will not be so important in the future, as users are hugely shifting to using the Internet on their mobile devices - on the move, in the cab or even while you run.

Having your website mobile-friendly will definitely become more and more important over time, especially after Google added Tweets to its mobile search results, which will definitely benefit both Google and Twitter.

Bing also announced a near implementation of their mobile search algorythm and it seems all services will soon face a choice to be mobile-friendly or be gone.

What's your opinion on that?

I'm really looking forward to simple and seamless mobile payments. Even with increased mobile traffic, statistics reveal that users abandon ninety-percent of mobile shopping carts.

This is why advertisers are paying much less for mobile traffic.

We saw very little impact across our dataset of keywords during the update - no more than your normal daily fluctuations.

In general the updates that Google hypes up the most seem to be the ones that have the least impact.

We saw very little impact across our dataset of keywords during the update - no more than your normal daily fluctuations.

In general the updates that Google hypes up the most seem to be the ones that have the least impact.

Cannot argue with any of the points you made. But make no mistake, to anyone holding off on fixing their insight scores and is spending more time with link outreach.

Big mistake. And I can't even believe I'm actually saying this. 2 Years ago none of this shit even existed to my best knowledge. Well, there's a reason it exists now ;)

First thing I do now for any client is make sure that Google wants to buttfuck and sleep in bed with all of our sites insights scores.

same kind of thing with the ssl update and shit... don't get me wrong, a responsive site is absolutely necessary these days for more reasons than a ranking factor.

Obviously G is in it for one reason only... so don't jump at everything they say.

20e268b36387cc8c906078346dd81a53.gif

That's exactly the point I was talking about. Either this whole hype was for nothing or factor of being mobile-friendly does not mean really much, as it is merely one of 200 factors Google uses in their ranking.

Nothing changed for desktop search, but when I search on mobile, i see a diffference.

Gotta love the SEO gurus following these gay Google updates....Mobilegeddonmyass.

I am not taking it too seriously as our rankings did not change much - because we use white hat SEO and were mobile-friendly long before Google even announced this update. We deliver reliable service for reasonable pricing, so most of our customers come from recommendations of our other customers and ranking is not a thing we really worry about. Well, it's good to be ranked higher, of course, but nothing crucial about it.

I was just asking for opinion on the trend and your replies confirmed my thought - real webmasters work ahead of Google and do what is needed instead of following these gay Google updates.

Another hyped up update for all the SEO "guru" circle jerk fags to write about and sell more garbage.

Will say this though..

- doesn't mean you shouldn't be mobile friendly. Duh..
- it sure did create a lot of work for my buddies who own web design/development companies
- if the update does ever happen, which I think will be in small increments over the next year, my anus is totally ready.

All mine were mobile friendly a couple of years ago. You may have heard me relentlessly bang on about it back then. ;)

My folio site was in flash.

Completely disappeared.
Even when you search for the domain name without .com, it's not there.