Has anyone actually ever gotten a FREE PS3 or laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOwnDemon

Face Rocker
Jan 28, 2007
Iowa
www.sitestomp.com
I was just curious if any of you have ever actually received (or know anybody who has received) a free PS3, laptop, etc. from one of those "participation required" offers.

I'm pretty sure 100% of these programs are scams, but I had to ask. Just interested in reading your replies.

My brother always does that stupid stuff, and he got a bunch of crap.. Poor college kids will signup for just about anything.

My brother always does that stupid stuff, and he got a bunch of crap.. Poor college kids will signup for just about anything.

True. I remember when I was in college, I signed up for like 3 credit cards at the same time... and then proceeded to max them all out on stupid shit. Bad mistake. But, you live and learn, right? At certain points in our lives, no matter how much people warn us against doing things, we do them anyway. :D

As for all those offers you see for a free PS3 or anything else, they usually make you fill out the form only to tell you that you need to refer at least 10 other people to be eligable for a draw which will take place month's ahead of time.

I don't know anyone who has ever gotten anything of the sort but I'm sure there are a few who have but I would say its a very very very small few.

As for all those offers you see for a free PS3 or anything else, they usually make you fill out the form only to tell you that you need to refer at least 10 other people to be eligable for a draw which will take place month's ahead of time.

I don't know anyone who has ever gotten anything of the sort but I'm sure there are a few who have but I would say its a very very very small few.

I know a few that have got iPods and whatnot.

PS - nice quote in the top left of your blog ;)

i did a free laptop site - opted for the $750 check instead of a sony. i don't know why y'all are so skeptical since they are the same types of offers on affiliate networks like azoogleads and copeac. free trials, etc. there are forums out there where people can trade references - like you do an offer from my laptop site and i'll do an offer on your digital camera site.

They're usually just all incentivized offers. If you go thru with your part, the advertiser makes their money back and then some.

They're usually just all incentivized offers. If you go thru with your part, the advertiser makes their money back and then some.

I was going to build an incentivized site, there has to be mad money in it if you can get the traffic! Reffer 10 friends that must sign up with ten different offers and you get an Ipod, 10 friends x 10 offers, thats 100 leads alone, depending what offers your running that shit would add up quiiiiiick! Sending out an ipod after getting paid for 100 leads to an offer with a $10 cpa would be nothing!

I was going to build an incentivized site, there has to be mad money in it if you can get the traffic! Reffer 10 friends that must sign up with ten different offers and you get an Ipod, 10 friends x 10 offers, thats 100 leads alone, depending what offers your running that shit would add up quiiiiiick! Sending out an ipod after getting paid for 100 leads to an offer with a $10 cpa would be nothing!

I know a girl that had her own, and she did pretty well with it, but only because she was friends with all of the shady bastards. There is, or used to be, a whole underground bunch of people who refer eachother and signup to eachother's offers to get the free item advertised, then just either cancel or chargeback on the offer, but still get the free product. A lot of them were also using stolen CC's so there was a tonnnnn of fraud going on. Whenever you make things super easy, or sound super easy to get something for nothing, you always have to be ready to take on a shitload of headaches and people doing some fucked up things to get the free item. Not worth it in my opinion, and requires a boatload of work, but hey, if you are the type that sees this as a real way to make cash, by all means, go for it. She was doing around $60k a month in profits with a piece of shit site and really shitty prizes she bought wholesale from Costco. Very few of the people signing up to these things end up making it far enough to get the prize anyhow, so you do make some cash, but it's those scammer kids that can screw everything up for you and make you have one hell of a fucked up month.

I know a girl that had her own, and she did pretty well with it, but only because she was friends with all of the shady bastards. There is, or used to be, a whole underground bunch of people who refer eachother and signup to eachother's offers to get the free item advertised, then just either cancel or chargeback on the offer, but still get the free product. A lot of them were also using stolen CC's so there was a tonnnnn of fraud going on. Whenever you make things super easy, or sound super easy to get something for nothing, you always have to be ready to take on a shitload of headaches and people doing some fucked up things to get the free item. Not worth it in my opinion, and requires a boatload of work, but hey, if you are the type that sees this as a real way to make cash, by all means, go for it. She was doing around $60k a month in profits with a piece of shit site and really shitty prizes she bought wholesale from Costco. Very few of the people signing up to these things end up making it far enough to get the prize anyhow, so you do make some cash, but it's those scammer kids that can screw everything up for you and make you have one hell of a fucked up month.

60k per month doesnt sound to bad, but I cant see outright screwing the system to make it, I think id rather make $5,000 per month being straight up. I cant see a racquet like that lasting long anyway.....

Awhile ago I did a shit ton of freebie sites. I made around $6,500 in revenue/value of gifts, which prolly 4,500 of that was profit (I would pay people to be my referrals).

I was just curious if any of you have ever actually received (or know anybody who has received) a free PS3, laptop, etc. from one of those "participation required" offers.

I'm pretty sure 100% of these programs are scams, but I had to ask. Just interested in reading your replies.

Your not supposed to try and get the stuff, you are supposed to try and get other people to try and get the stuff. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.