Hard time monetizing sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smash

Mar 19, 2007
Victorville, CA
Hi All,

Ok, I'm having a tough time monetizing a couple white hat sites I have. They run about 200 visitors each per day but I don't make anything on them as far as affiliate offers. They only thing that seems to make anything is adsense.

When you run across a site that's giving you problems do you typically just keep changing out the offers or do you use rotating banners to see what hits?

These are stumping me.

Kinda hard to tell without knowing the topic of the site, but if it's really good content, selling plugs/links directly can work very fine.

Especially when buying links for some of my customers, I rely more on quality than on traffic or PR.

The topic is a pretty good topic site. You only find it if your looking for information about that particular item. The 200 visitors per day are 95% search engine traffic. The average visitor looks at 3 pages on the site. So I'm getting the people I need to the site, just not getting them to do anything. Site PR is shit. Only has a 1. I haven't even tried to figure out how to up the PR cause I don't care that much about it.

Yes, if your site has good PR, then you may get into text-link-ads. You can see some links there and make a little bit of money from that. 200 visitors is not much per day, but you can still earn from CPA offers. There are many networks to choose from.

Also, CPM is good, but then with having so little traffic, you will not get into most of the best and higher paid ones.

Good luck anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.