Half-Life and Portal Movie....?

JarredLv

Rape and Pillage Canada!
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas
Tc36AaQ.png

I swear on all that's holy....if they fuck it up. Like when I heard this about the Uncharted movie:

On November 24, 2010, an interview with Mark Wahlberg was published by MTV with the actor discussing his involvement in the film adaptation of the popular franchise. He states that David O. Russell is currently writing the script and is excited for what he has in store, hoping to shoot in the middle of 2011: "I'm obviously in whatever David wants to do but the idea of it is so off the charts: De Niro being my father, Pesci being my uncle. It's not going to be the watered-down version, that's for sure."
Seriously, Mark Wahlberg as Nathan Drake. Fuck off with that. Fortunately that's off the table now. And it's also fortunate that Valve is being super stingy with the right to Half-Life and pretty much has to sign off on everything.

Which brings me to a thought I've randomly had since I first played Half-Life all those years ago...who would play Gordon Freeman well enough?

Halflife+2+Gordon+Freeman+4.jpg

Heisenberg of course..

bbadrect011-460x3071.jpg

I thought the same thing...but the age. If they pull it off (which I think J.J. Abrams could do if he drops those fucking lense flares) there will be sequels...I love Cranston but he is up there in age.

Like for Uncharted, Firefly Nathan Fillion would have nailed Nathan Drake...but now he's just too old.

I'm thinking Sullivan Stapleton could pull off a nice Gordon Freeman. He's got nice action credentials from Strike Back and has a similar look.

3AfUJ5f.jpg

Edit: LOL, came across this:

Dr.-House.jpg

No idea for Freeman, but...

Morgan Freeman as Dr. Eli.

Tom Hanks as Barney.

Played the shit out of HL series, looking forward to this.

Actually, I'd ask Benedict Cumberbatch to audition for the role. Except he is already the antogonist in the new Star Trek so that seems unlikely. Too bad, he'd be a fantastic Goordon Freeman with some stubble.

Also, I find it impossible that the events at Black Mesa could be put into any movie in less than 6 hours without completely neutering the story.

Finally, fucking Abrams. Ruined Star Trek, now he's after my Half-Life. What a dick.

Heisenberg for Freeman.. I think he is great especially BECAUSE of the age.

And please, no portal movie. What a shitty idea.

::emp::