Guide: How to Enhance Your Advertising Creative for Facebook ADS / Actual Info 2024

Alexmia

Mar 14, 2024
Joy, grace, enjoyment, success, victory, luck, dream — all these are synonyms of such a simple word as — happiness. It is happiness that drives human destinies and lies at the core of people’s lives’ meaning.

Before delving into the theme of my article, I also want to touch on a bit of the technical side of traffic. I am often asked what anti-detection browser I personally use to run ads. So, our team uses MoreLogin for work. It’s the fastest and most convenient tool for working with dozens of accounts simultaneously, even in a large team. For example, you can give each buyer in your team access to different browser profiles to run ads. Moreover, other buyers won’t have access to them, only to the profiles you’ve given them access to. By the way, via this link,(Antidetect Browser MoreLogin - Mejor Gestion de Cuentas Multiples - Probar gratis) you can get 50 profiles completely free for 2 weeks for testing. Enjoy!

MoreLogin user interface

Now, let’s move on to the topic. Essentially, people want to experience happiness, in this life or the afterlife. Even those who bear a heavy burden still await a happy ending at the end of their journey. But let’s not dwell on the sad and consider happiness as a chemical process in the human brain, mediated by hormones:

• Dopamine creates a sense of joy from anticipating a reward;

• Endorphin forms feelings of lightness and oblivion;

• Oxytocin gives a person a sense of comfort in society;

• Serotonin creates a sense of social significance.

For a more detailed read about happiness hormones, you can check out the book “Hormones of Happiness” by Loretta Breuning.

In this article, I will explore the impact on hormones through advertising, where influence on them can be exerted through visual and auditory components. It has long been scientifically proven that people perceive and process information differently. They can be conventionally divided into four types:

• Visuals — people who perceive the majority of information through vision.

• Audials — those who mainly receive information through the auditory channel.

• Kinesthetics — people who perceive most of the information through other senses (smell, touch, etc.) and through movements.

• Discretes — their information perception mainly occurs through logical reasoning, using numbers, signs, logical arguments. This category is perhaps the least numerous among people in general.

By using all channels of human perception (audio + visualization touching on kinesthetics and discretes) in one creative, you increase the chance of playing on the hormones of your target audience, thereby increasing their engagement and reach. I have repeatedly observed how creatives with verbal narration and visual sequences with people hooked better than drawn packages or camouflaged stuff. I have also repeatedly observed that video creatives combining all channels of human perception, have lower CPM, achieve good viewing rates, and provide a lively conversion unlike statics.

Understanding this well-known scientific evidence opens up the possibility of creating creatives for each group of people’s perceptions. It all depends on imagination and the desire to work with it.

I also want to note that influencing happiness hormones can be both positive and negative. If you only point out people’s pain without offering a solution (i.e., only emphasizing fat, cellulite, a large number on the scales, etc.), the effectiveness of the ad on the outcome turns out to be not very good, to put it mildly. This is due to a decrease in the level of happiness hormones in the target audience.

Increasing happiness hormones brings higher effectiveness because when demonstrating the final and, most importantly, positive result, happiness hormones are produced in a person, which makes the ad stick in the potential client’s brain, and their desire to be like the one in the ad grows.

A combined game of increasing and decreasing hormones in the target audience leads to the best result. If you embed the problem at the beginning of the video clip, people start paying attention to it because they understand that they are not alone (oxytocin release). If you continue to exaggerate the problem, happiness hormones will start to decrease, and it is crucial not to overdo it, otherwise, more of the target audience will swipe the clip. As practice shows, it’s best to stick to this within the first 3 seconds.

Hyperbolizing the problem also works well, making people think, “ew, how is that possible?” getting a serotonin boost.

After pressing on the target audience’s pain points, it’s time to move on to the positive solution, which causes dopamine, serotonin, and sometimes even endorphin releases in people.

The before/after effect has been and will remain the most effective lever for influencing hormones. This is because after a decrease in happiness levels, its subsequent jump is felt most strongly.

In the midst of such approaches, it’s now difficult to pass moderation, but nevertheless, no one deprives us of delving into the related and consequential problems of the target audience. And after all, associations have not been canceled in the end.

I hope this material will stimulate creative thinking, and in the advertising library, you’ll be able to draw much more inspiration than now. Wishing everyone successful ad launches.