Guess I'll be the one to do this - Alibaba seeking IPO

Funny story is that I used to be a moderator on the Alibaba forums back when I was 13 years old.

This will be an interesting one to watch. Seems the market's attitude towards Chinese tech IPOs has cooled the past several months. Plus, given Alibaba's lack of transparency with its corporate governance and expected Chinese laws that may negatively effect Alipay's business model, I wouldn't be surprised if Alibaba's IPO falls short of expectations.

This will be an interesting one to watch. Seems the market's attitude towards Chinese tech IPOs has cooled the past several months. Plus, given Alibaba's lack of transparency with its corporate governance and expected Chinese laws that may negatively effect Alipay's business model, I wouldn't be surprised if Alibaba's IPO falls short of expectations.

I would disagree, the company generates massive cash flow and profits. While the issues you listed are a concern I don't think that they would be that big to derail the IPO.

I also believe Yahoo is the play here. Almost all of its market value is equal to its stake in Alibaba, if they ever get there act together then it can run up much more

One healthy company.
Also keeping with Chinese biz philosphy, they have a fuckton of cash lying around.

Their property is also not to be scoffed at.

As for cloud and internet infrastructure, they made 90Million USD with that from March-Dec 2013.

::emp::

Have used alibaba quite a lot, it's an amazing platform for connecting east and west imo. For me it was the reduction in bullshit for b2b deals.