Got Your Own Product? Advice Needed!

darbsllim

Mar 28, 2008
London, Ontario
Hey guys, my partner and I have been busy over the past 4 years trying our hand in a few different areas of IM.

We decided to make our own product some time last year, it took a pisswhack of research and learning to actually execute on it, but we did it!

We do have a few of our own products on the go now, we're mainly selling them through amazon.com to see how they sell there.

I've seen some folks on here who have their own product, and I'd love to get some advice on what step we should take next!

We don't currently have any landing pages that we send traffic to, and we don't have an affiliate program for the product.

Advice would be greatly appreciated from anyone who's found success in this arena!

Thanks, I'm hoping to get some input from folks like Jardini, machinecontrol, bizzykehl, farking, Fatbat, etc - folks who are doing this now!

But thanks for the general advice from the others!

There are many ways you can promote your products.

1. using affiliates on your own site affiliate system or using an affiliate network.
2. building a list of subscribers / buyers (try to sell them some really cheap product then upsell for your main product)
3. promoting your site through PPC
4. building an authority site using SEO methods around your product line. (white and blackhat)
6. amazon and ebay
5. etc...

There are many ways to promote your product, and push it in to the market.

You need to write a plan and stick to it, and don't try to invent the wheel everything is written online just search for it.

P.S. - you should take this question to the other WF forum that i cannot say its name out load, they are more likely to help you with it.

lots of ways to make it work, just depends on how you want to move forward with your product and what model you would like to adopt. Hit me up and we can chat about a few that I could help you with

I've got about 50 different products ranging in price from $9.95 to $495.00

Some I market on Amazon but the best sales come from email blasts to people who have opted in to a list to get free information.

Anyone who has bought a previous product is very likely to buy any new products.

Build your list to improve sales.

I'm just now getting ready to try affiliate marketing. I thought I could be my own affiliate manager but I don't know what I don't know... so I hired an affiliate manager who will soon help me hit the airwaves with incredible offers. I also signed up at ShareaSale.

There are many ways you can promote your products.

1. using affiliates on your own site affiliate system or using an affiliate network.
2. building a list of subscribers / buyers (try to sell them some really cheap product then upsell for your main product)
3. promoting your site through PPC
4. building an authority site using SEO methods around your product line. (white and blackhat)
6. amazon and ebay
5. etc...

There are many ways to promote your product, and push it in to the market.

You need to write a plan and stick to it, and don't try to invent the wheel everything is written online just search for it.

P.S. - you should take this question to the other WF forum that i cannot say its name out load, they are more likely to help you with it.

I think I'm most interested in number 1 and number 4 (which is also 2 I suppose) as we're already doing number 6.

I really would like to find out how to create an affiliate program and getting affiliates to push it.

lots of ways to make it work, just depends on how you want to move forward with your product and what model you would like to adopt. Hit me up and we can chat about a few that I could help you with

Thanks man, I'll respond to your pm!

I've got about 50 different products ranging in price from $9.95 to $495.00

Some I market on Amazon but the best sales come from email blasts to people who have opted in to a list to get free information.

Anyone who has bought a previous product is very likely to buy any new products.

Build your list to improve sales.

I'm just now getting ready to try affiliate marketing. I thought I could be my own affiliate manager but I don't know what I don't know... so I hired an affiliate manager who will soon help me hit the airwaves with incredible offers. I also signed up at ShareaSale.

So how did you build your list in the first place?

to build my list, when I ship out Amazon orders, I include a certificate for a free bonus if they go to a web site to opt in. ( only way to capture emails from amazon orders)

I have a lot of different web sites or blogs that I drive traffic to with PPC and article marketing and facebook.

YOu need to stay in touch with people on your list and provide quality content always.

to build my list, when I ship out Amazon orders, I include a certificate for a free bonus if they go to a web site to opt in. ( only way to capture emails from amazon orders)

I have a lot of different web sites or blogs that I drive traffic to with PPC and article marketing and facebook.

YOu need to stay in touch with people on your list and provide quality content always.

Thanks for the tip, how big is your list now from doing this?

^ Ughh the result of about 20 cocktails. What I meant to say (last night) was hit me up in pm if you have any questions about that stuff.