google account bans: adwords and play store developer

harrymouni

Oct 5, 2007
Ireland
Does anyone have info they want to share regarding avoiding Google bans? i know there's people with experience with opening loads of adwords accounts to run rebills back in the day.

Google recently canned a load of Android publisher accounts and we're trying to put information together. they linked accounts that had new VMs, unique and clean IPs, credit cards of random college students, etc.

any useful tidbit of information you have could be useful, we're stumped here! they canned empty accounts with no apps as well

Damn sorry to hear that. Would love to hear from someone as well as I plan on launching a sketchy app to the play store in January

Normal people don't make brand new Google accounts solely to go make an apps account.

You have to think of what normal user patterns might be and try to come somewhat close to that.

Do things that bots wouldn't do - use your Google account to sign up for random sites/things before you jump into adding a credit card and setting up a publisher account.

It 2014 not 2006 google has tech they will never publicly declare to find banned accounts. If they did people would get around it. Even craigslist. POF, have implemented some extremely hardcore antispam systems.

It 2014 not 2006 google has tech they will never publicly declare to find banned accounts. If they did people would get around it. Even craigslist. POF, have implemented some extremely hardcore antispam systems.

Yeah but all of Google's techniques are based on logic and not black magic. OP you must have been leaving some kind of detail in those adwords accounts that caused Google to link them.

Were these actual physical credit cards that the college students had or prepaid credit cards / VCCs?

Were the phone numbers you gave google regular residential phone numbers or were they just voice mail boxes?

Yeah but all of Google's techniques are based on logic and not black magic. OP you must have been leaving some kind of detail in those adwords accounts that caused Google to link them.

Were these actual physical credit cards that the college students had or prepaid credit cards / VCCs?

Were the phone numbers you gave google regular residential phone numbers or were they just voice mail boxes?

I'm currently cloaking on Adwords for a rebill offer that I own (read: Not an affiliate) and have been for the past two years. My adwords account was banned in 2012, but we managed to unsuspended it and then started cloaking our campaigns. I don't need to use multiple Adwords accounts to evade google however.
Ive been banned since 2012 also. I can get accounts but it is a massive struggle to evade bans and getting access to legit non vcc cards is almost impossible for me. I am giving the fuckers money and they won't take it.

Why would you talk about this via an open forum is beyond me.

General discussion will happen. If anyone has anything real to offer they'll PM him, and hopefully me as well.

Now go do us all a favor and die in a fire.

thanks for the replies. just to clarify, i'm not trying to open adwords accounts, just Google Play store developer accounts. but i figure the same tech is used across Google.

my best guess is there's no one thing that will get your account banned, but each suspicious activity is scored. accrue enough points and your account gets a manual investigation. the thing i'm trying to figure out is how they link accounts.

must have been something tiny i forgot, there's so many signals Google can use. ahhh it's tough!

Ive been banned since 2012 also. I can get accounts but it is a massive struggle to evade bans and getting access to legit non vcc cards is almost impossible for me. I am giving the fuckers money and they won't take it.

So the weak link is VCCs then? Their BINs stick out like a sore thumb, and Google is aware of that.

thanks for the replies. just to clarify, i'm not trying to open adwords accounts, just Google Play store developer accounts. but i figure the same tech is used across Google.

my best guess is there's no one thing that will get your account banned, but each suspicious activity is scored. accrue enough points and your account gets a manual investigation. the thing i'm trying to figure out is how they link accounts.

must have been something tiny i forgot, there's so many signals Google can use. ahhh it's tough!

harrymouni are you on skype? I'd love to chat about google play bans Can't PM due to low post count

I wonder how much nearly 10 year old, heavily used, virginal Google accounts would sell for?