Good Vibes

zimok

Click, Whirr.
Oct 27, 2008
Canada... eh!
Just wanted to share a success, started with a small seed 5 years ago. I had nothing but a cold PM and a sales pitch on skype to go with. I was looking for a partner/investor. Found a post by ncmedia written on this forum which resonated with me(he talked about the good and the bad of online business partnerships IIRC), he was willing to hear me out and we ended up working together. If I said all the great things I wanted to say about the guy on his work ethics/mindset/drive, you guys would think I'm bullshitting you, except for the fact that anyone who knows him would concur.

Naturally, wanting to share the good luck I've had and thank the person who took a calculated risk with me. I hit him up tonight and he asks me to call him, I'm sharing the good news and out of the blue he offers me an opportunity to get on a new project which I can 100% get behind... which will represent a lot of work, but I'm now more pumped about this than I am on closing the sale. Just can't believe it really!

A fantastic opportunity to get behind, and closing the biggest sale of my life? Fortuna shared her cornucopia this week, I hope she's been good with you bros as well.

Share your own recent victories if you're feeling it!

:music06:

Ok we're all feeling warm and fuzzy now, but this is not the Oprah Winfrey network, can we get some actual details about those projects?

Ok we're all feeling warm and fuzzy now, but this is not the Oprah Winfrey network, can we get some actual details about those projects?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM[/ame]

^ From my favorite childhood cartoon, haha!

Besides the fact that the new op is a partnership, which I wouldn't disclose details publicly about.. the two little victories wouldn't really benefit anyone - one is akin to winning a scratch ticket and the other is still in the works.

Sharing the details would also break forum rules for self promotion outside of BST. So yes, today this is an Oprah post unfortunately.

Thanks for the love Z.

I'll spill a bit of details, but vague enough to not give the bag away.

5 years ago we started a domaining venture, I had to walk away from it because my other stuff was just too intensive and I wasn't pulling my weight. No harm done, I wished Z the best, let him keep all I invested/helped with...

Dude ended up sending me a physical package a while after to say thanks, and it was stuffed with silver bars (no joke), an investing book, chocolates, a heartfelt letter, and other goodies. I think I did a post about it here actually.

Anyway, a few years fly by, he jumps on skype last night and wants to share some news. I tell him to call me, and he shares his first BIG closed deal on one of the domains from back then - we're talking a healthy sum of money - that first big spike come up money that allows you to breathe and enjoy life if even for a short while and still invest/flip the rest.

So yeah, coupled with that, and the fact we've done this biz 5 years ago and never had a glitch re trust, the vibe was good, I offered him a 50/50 on a no brainer that I need someone close that I can trust to execute as it's a TON of IP to monetize and I can't have no funny shit. So without thinking twice I poured it on him - also knowing that self confidence feel is high for Z right now so he'll work this project to the limits to monetize it well and I don't have to worry about a partner being desperate, or not operating from a good frequency, or having other agendas in no time once the formula is set and we're monetizing..

Hope I didn't share too much Z, but the bro's do deserve some inspiration, these moves may well be another set of huge spikes for both of us from here, as I tend not to entertain ideas anymore unless I see six+ figures, which I do and then some.

+1 WF.

I realize this thread is gay as fuck bros, it's not my usual style, was just a bit excited is all.

To make it a little less so - If anyone has domain related questions - feel free to ask away, here or on PM. I'm not claiming to be a pro, but I definitely spent a lot of hours reading up on keyword research, UDRP/WIPO/ICANN policies and case law, markets(end user/domainer markets), what makes a great/good/bad/horrible domain name to buy, emerging domain markets, and bought quite a lot of domains over the years.