Good Split Testing Tools?

dandylion

Jul 3, 2011
My shit has been showing 1600% conversation rate for changing the color of the buy button. (no way I'm telling you guys the secret color that makes buyers buy the same shit 16 times every time they visit, so don't even ask)

Weight Visitors* Actions* Conversion
Version 1 70% 79 1271 1608.86%
Version 2 30% 5019 716 14.27%

So either I struck a gold mine or I need a new split testing tool. This has been coded by my previous partner and I'm pretty clueless when it comes to code.

Have anything to suggest? I want something simple that lets me split test sections of the page not whole page. Another bonus is if it can track across multiple domains (but not a necessity).

Like visualwebsiteoptimizer or optimizely?

Thanks but not exactly. I'm paranoid with my data and don't want it hosted on their servers.

Optimizely uses both first and third party cookies to uniquely identify visitors. When a new visitor comes to a page with an experiment, they get bucketed into one of the active variations. Each time a visitor takes an action that you are tracking, a tracking beacon is set to Optimizely. We then log the event data. This data is statistically interpreted and presented to you on the results page. Individual users can opt out of Optimizely for your domain at the opt out page.

99.99% Server Uptime
  • App is hosted on blazing fast servers and we have >99.99% uptime rate
  • JavaScript code is hosted on Amazon CloudFront and if even if our servers go down, your website will keep functioning smoothly

I was thinking of something that you can host yourself.