Good friend of mine on Shark Tank tonight! Don't miss it...

ImagesAndWords

StayblCam.com
Nov 7, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
www.stayblcam.com
Hey guys,
I should have posted this earlier this week, but - a great friend of mine will be on tonight's episode of Shark Tank!

I've followed this guy's progress thread on another forum from a couple of years ago - from when it was just an idea, through prototyping, first manufacturing, and then building up sales.

Really proves that you can take a simple idea and create TRUE success - if you just dare to TAKE ACTION!

His idea? A plastic paint brush cover that helps the longevity of paint brushes and keeps them ready to use even hours after you left them. No more messing with foil or shitty wrap.

Firefighter Salvatore DePaola dives into 'Shark Tank' in bid to get funding for his side venture - NY Daily News

Paint Brush Cover - Shark Tank - Plastic Protector easily saves and stores your paint brushes

So, help me root for this guy tonight at 9pm EST, and 9pm PST! :)

Why exactly would you need funding to create a piece of plastic?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Glad WF members have so many connections to wantrepreneuers pitching disposable plastic wares on Shark Tank, can't imagine what's next, I'm guessing plastic CD rom covers.

slimpac_trimpac.jpg

Glad WF members have so many connections to wantrepreneuers pitching disposable plastic wares on Shark Tank, can't imagine what's next, I'm guessing plastic CD rom covers.

slimpac_trimpac.jpg

If creating a new product that solves a problem, is ordered and reordered by retailers, and will be placed in big box retail is a "wantrepreneur", then sign me up.

Why exactly would you need funding to create a piece of plastic?

That is not what they need funding for. They needed funding for fulfilling purchase orders that are pouring in from big box retailers - who can't get enough of their product.

And besides, people don't just go on Shark tank for funding. It's just as much about getting the connections and reach that the sharks can offer, with their network of big box buyers, potential licensee manufacturing, etc. etc.

If creating a new product that solves a problem, is ordered and reordered by retailers, and will be placed in big box retail is a "wantrepreneur", then sign me up.

Well said. ;)

Wantrepreneurs?
These guys saw an unmet need in the market, for a product they had wanted - but that didn't exist. So they went ahead and took action to make that product exist. And of course, as painters, they knew there was a market out there too - and that this could scale big.

The material the product is made out of is irrelevant.
How simple it is is also irrelevant.

What matters is it fulfills a NEED, offers a solution to a common problem, and that they are selling like hotcakes.

These guys are as far from wantrepreneurs as you get. They took consistent ACTION day by day, month by month, and two years have built a solid business and a brand, with lots of hard work.
True entrepreneurs.

Wantrepreneurs never take action, but spend all their time just talking and dreaming, or seeing if they can copy someone else's idea.

You know, I had an idea like that once a long time ago.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRxqY4wuTHw"]jump to conclusions mat office space - YouTube[/ame]

That is not what they need funding for. They needed funding for fulfilling purchase orders that are pouring in from big box retailers - who can't get enough of their product.

Never understood why they don't just go to a bank with the purchase orders. Much cheaper money.

Good on your friend for this. I caught part of the show and then had to bail for some family shit, but I was hoping they picked up a deal.

And lol @ any assclowns in here hating on this because it's a simple plastic product, especially if those same assclowns make a living slinging worthless hopes and dreams with zero value.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQY_si8oXnA]Trailer Park Boys - J-Roc's Licensed Crib Opens For Business - YouTube[/ame]

First, because a lot of times banks decline that kinda stuff - and second, because banks bring zero business experience and retail connections to the table. ;)

If its a done deal there is no way that you can't find a bank to cashflow at the right price.

Business experience is a different kettle of fish and I agree that that is worth the equity given, but don't say they are going to the shark tank to get cashflow to fulfil orders as thats crap.