GoDaddy

Just wait until you decide you want to transfer your domain to another registrar.

I've played the coupon - xfer game for years with GD and don't remember ever having a single problem moving a domain. Haven't in the last couple of months though. Did something just happen?

I've never had any problems transferring domains to or from GoDaddy and I've done it hundreds of times.

Same here, I even did not read anything about that on forums. Its pretty simple and painless process :)

Nice find. I usually just type godaddy into Google and click through their ad for .99 or 2.95 domains. They've been running them for months now...I've been using it every time too. Try that when the coupon expires.

I've never had any problems transferring domains to or from GoDaddy and I've done it hundreds of times.

I should try again then, maybe they changed something?

The last time I tried to move a domain from godaddy to namecheap, it was impossible because the login for the domains by proxy subscription was somehow different from the domain login itself.

This was in October, so unless they changed something since, I may still be stuck.

I should try again then, maybe they changed something?

The last time I tried to move a domain from godaddy to namecheap, it was impossible because the login for the domains by proxy subscription was somehow different from the domain login itself.

This was in October, so unless they changed something since, I may still be stuck.

If you do not remember logins you can retrieve them, its not godaddy locking you out. And yes, as far as I remember, domains by proxy logins are not the same as your godaddy logins.

Godady is upsell hell but I still use them. Never had any problems in over 5 years and they have really good promotions on a regular basis.

Google "Godaddy 99c domain", and you will see adwords ads for 99c from Godaddy, 50c from register.com, and 75c from networksolutions.