Godaddy domain name auction scam

Onedollaridea

Black Man
Apr 28, 2007
hey guys,

I recently bought few domains from godaddy auction which was said to have Pr6 domains but it turns out 2 of them are fake (pr6) when checked with some PR tools checkers whereas others just say PR 6.

Do you know what I can do about it ? How can I get a refund etc ?

Do you know what fake PR is? It's not some scheme by GoDaddy where they append random PR to domains, it's where domains have been 301'd to another site.

It's your stupid fault for not doing proper research before buying. GoDaddy don't owe you shit and won't refund you either.

Idiot.. asking for a refund because you fucked up and think they scammed you? Fuck you and fuck your mother. Go back to Facebook.

Fake PR should really be termed phantom PR.

No, it'd be your fault because you would be misrepresenting the domains because you now know they have 0 PR and no-one is going to buy them unless you state otherwise.

You-Fucked_Up.jpg

A lot of fake PR checkers don't work. My main domain, which I'm currently building a lot of backlinks to (should have a decent PR in the next update) shows as fake PR in one major tool, even though it's PR N/A.

hey guys,

I recently bought few domains from godaddy auction which was said to have Pr6 domains but it turns out 2 of them are fake (pr6) when checked with some PR tools checkers whereas others just say PR 6.

Godaddy doesn't even give PR metrics -- how is this their fault?

Do you really think that you're going to be able to buy anything PR3+ from godaddy for cheap? Cmon man.

1.) Even if someone let a gem PR4+ site expire, there are literally hundreds of people doing exactly what you're trying to do. Slim pickings.

As far as a refund, forget it, godaddy's auction policy is pretty tough, re-sell the domains. I doubt you paid more than $20 each for them anyway which shouldn't be a tough job.

@pocketrockets

If you go into the Godaddy Auctions, they have an "Alexa Rank" link that you can use to not ever get any domain info. What I mean is it never works for these old ass domains. So it's useless.

@pocketrockets

If you go into the Godaddy Auctions, they have an "Alexa Rank" link that you can use to not ever get any domain info. What I mean is it never works for these old ass domains. So it's useless.

Yup, that's what I mean ;) Even if the domain has PR it will say "0" or N/A.

hey guys,

I will try to put this a nicely as I can, WHY IN THE FUCK HAVE YOU NOT ASKED A MOD TO CLOSE YOUR THREAD TRYING TO SELL THIS SHIT IN THE BST?

I asked you for the info yesterday as it was looking like a scam, and nothing out of you, someone had to send me to this thread. Were you thinking some dumb fuck might come along and purchase?

http://www.wickedfire.com/sell-buy-trade/122954-selling-pr-6-domains.html

Zingo, I only got to know about it after I sold it. I thought they were legit PR as I have never worked with aged domains etc. I am sorting things out Now.