God Dammit Stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

stussy5555

HNIC
Dec 12, 2007
I submitted some new ads for FB this afternoon and the family was in town so we went out for dinner, drinks. I get home and see that I have blown through $1K. So I am like, whatever, let me check the stats, $350 in leads, FUCK.

Note to self, and others, you can PAUSE your FB campaigns even when they are in review mode. What a fukin newb I am at FB. Luckily I have another campaign running that covered the losses, but still pisses me right off.

Ahh well.

I submitted some new ads for FB this afternoon and the family was in town so we went out for dinner, drinks. I get home and see that I have blown through $1K. So I am like, whatever, let me check the stats, $350 in leads, FUCK.

Note to self, and others, you can PAUSE your FB campaigns even when they are in review mode. What a fukin newb I am at FB. Luckily I have another campaign running that covered the losses, but still pisses me right off.

Ahh well.

Yep, I always make sure to pause when they are in review mode. :D

Ahh well.

you cannot pause ads that are in review mode. you can only pause the adgroup as a whole.

You also could start the CPC bid at $0.01, that's what I do then switch links when ads are approved and rise the bid.

You do also have control of ad group budgets in Facebook... There's no reason to have a huge budget when you first put up a new campaign - You should always be using a budget at first to manage any potential losses to your comfort level.

You do also have control of ad group budgets in Facebook... There's no reason to have a huge budget when you first put up a new campaign - You should always be using a budget at first to manage any potential losses to your comfort level.

Bottom line is I should have paused the campaign and started it up when I had a chance to monitor it. I fucked up, and hopefully I helped one person not make the same mistake.

It happens man, whats worse is not changing links after an offer is approved. Losing 1k like that isn't fun.

it sucks when the ad is running..you pause it..and it takes like 10 minutes to actually pause..as you watch the clicks continue to amount

You also could start the CPC bid at $0.01, that's what I do then switch links when ads are approved and rise the bid.

Isn't it bad to start with a low CPC on facebook? I read: start high and then lower as your CTR is good for a little while.. I suppose if you raise it immediately it would be the same... Wouldn't pausing the ad group at a decent CPC be better than having a bad start with low CTR if you're not there to change your bid when they approve?

Sorry for your loss OP!

I'm trying to stop that habit. I've racked up a couple hundred clicks simply because a few impressions were thrown at a new ad, and the CTR was good enough for facebook to continue sending clicks at $0.01 each. I also have the habit of "pausing" running ads by setting $0.01 bids. I racked up more than 1k clicks that went to a dead page I was working on.

Pausing the entire campaign or the ad itself is what I try to do now.

Don't you guys get emails that notify you when your adds are approved? I wait for those emails on my blackberry. As soon as the ads are approved, I switch the links, if necessary.

Don't you guys get emails that notify you when your adds are approved? I wait for those emails on my blackberry. As soon as the ads are approved, I switch the links, if necessary.

yea i generally wait for the email. if you set the bid at .01 to "pause" it...i believe it hurts your ad beacuse the first few hours are most important to determine performance of that ad. if you are going to pause it using .01, dont let it run for long before swithcing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.