Glass Bottomed Plane by Virgin

OhHenry

Jan 15, 2010
I'm sure some of you have experienced glass bottom boats in tropical countries. Virgin Atlantic announces a world first innovation with their Glass Bottomed plane:

Virgin launches glass-bottomed plane - Richard's Blog - Virgin.com

Virgin_Atlantic_Little_Red_Glass-bottom_plane_A320_cabin-17684-530x330.jpg

How would you feel flying in that?

OhHenry

BlokBlok flies virgin, so I trust anything they do... Also I hear a lot of people prefer virgin

Virgin_Atlantic_Little_Red_Glass-bottom_plane_A320_exterior-17683-530x330.jpg

dat belly

its an april fools joke.... But man, if they could use cameras or something and show that shit, It'd be pretty cool.

its an april fools joke.... But man, if they could use cameras or something and show that shit, It'd be pretty cool.

Do you mean a camera on the outside of the plane?
There's a lot of airlines now that do have a camera in the nose (sort of nose/underbelly area) of some of their planes- generally larger craft like 777 and 747s that do international flights.
It feeds to the little personal monitors at each seat. From my experience, sometimes the camera is only on during takeoff and landing, other airlines (Cathay Pacific comes to mind) will keep it on the whole flight (or at least when it's sunny).

That could be an idea- instead of a glass bottom, screens below you that show the camera's feed.

There's a lot of airlines now that do have a camera in the nose (sort of nose/underbelly area) of some of their planes- generally larger craft like 777 and 747s that do international flights.
It feeds to the little personal monitors at each seat. From my experience, sometimes the camera is only on during takeoff and landing, other airlines (Cathay Pacific comes to mind) will keep it on the whole flight (or at least when it's sunny).

That could be an idea- instead of a glass bottom, screens below you that show the camera's feed.

you could just look out the window...

I'd be pissed at all the light it let in - I can't sleep with sunlight in my face, already get pissed off at people that leave their shades open.

I have seen that on my flights too, Emirates comes to mind, but damn, are those cameras shitty or what.

I mean we are seeing some stupid renderings here, but still those images look really clear. and yea instead of your personal screens , looking below to see shit below you that would be trippy in an airplane