Ginger Ale

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnGalt

Mar 16, 2009
You know how everyone says that ginger ale is good for your stomach? I understand this for the real ginger ales you can buy that actually have a decent amount of real ginger in them, but ones like Schweppes and Canada Dry are just like normal soda with ginger ale flavoring. I was even at the hospital once and my nurse gave me a Canada Dry ginger ale for my stomach. But isn't it essentially the same ingredients as a sprite or mountain dew or whatever? wtf

Well I have heard that 7-up is good for your stomach too so maybe it's just the fizzy that they think will make it feel better.

I get what you're saying about ginger and ginger ale not having it though.

I always nibble on the ginger slices I get with sushi because I sometimes get acid reflux issues and I know how it can help. You can also buy ginger chews candy at health food stores which is pretty good too.

I always nibble on the ginger slices I get with sushi because I sometimes get acid reflux issues and I know how it can help. You can also buy ginger chews candy at health food stores which is pretty good too.
If you go to a naturopath, they can help you sort out Acid Reflux issues. I've been there. I had a tear in my stomach lining that needed time to heal. A naturopath got me these vegetable gelatin caps that coated the inside of my stomach before I ate, so that I didn't keep irritating the tear. After 2 weeks, your stomach completely relines itself and you are good to go.

I did have issues again later, but I just went back on the vegetable gelatin caps a few more times, and my body has been able to keep acid under control most of the time.

If you smoke, you have to stop that.

@Ginger Ale, it *supposedly* has to be flat when you drink it.

If you go to a naturopath, they can help you sort out Acid Reflux issues. I've been there. I had a tear in my stomach lining that needed time to heal. A naturopath got me these vegetable gelatin caps that coated the inside of my stomach before I ate, so that I didn't keep irritating the tear. After 2 weeks, your stomach completely relines itself and you are good to go.

I did have issues again later, but I just went back on the vegetable gelatin caps a few more times, and my body has been able to keep acid under control most of the time.

If you smoke, you have to stop that.

@Ginger Ale, it *supposedly* has to be flat when you drink it.

Can you buy these vegetable gelatin caps over the counter? If so, what brand from where?

What's wrong with your stomach? Is it nausea? If so then Ginger is a natural fix. Also try sniffing lemons. (This comes from being pregnant twice)

If your having stomach pains/gas try mixing hot water with a few table spoons of baking soda. the natural bubbles help you burp up the gas and the baking soda it's self is basic so it helps restore the natural ph balance. Been drinking it since I was a kid and feed it to my 9 month old when he's fussy. He's burping like a sailor within 10 minutes.

real ginger ale brewed at home is the shit.

I got about 50 packets in my cupboard waiting to be used right now. Really gives me a boost of energy and fixes me up when i feel like shit.. like a boss

Can you buy these vegetable gelatin caps over the counter? If so, what brand from where?
Ok, I had to make a phone call to a relative who used the same stuff, because it was like 5 years ago for me.

MediHerb Products

Standard Process is the brand, and Hi-Pep was the product. IIRC, you take 2 before meals, or twice a day or something like that.

Standard Process, like a lot of these producers for the naturopathy industry might only deal direct with the dispenser (naturopathic doctor).

Anyway, that stuff works great, so if you have to get it from a Naturopath, make sure they dispense for Standard Process.

hth

I always thought it's the carbonation that settles the stomach... moms giving us ginger ale after we puked as kids was more of a wives tale.. can of coke will settle your stomach just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.