Gift Cards, Prepaid Cards, VCCs, ... Question

spyderr911

Let's make $$$ together
Apr 1, 2007
Orlando
I am looking for an anonymous reloadable credit card to use online. I like the green dot gift cards but there not reloadable and the $100 limit is lame. The reloadable ones all seem to make you register with your real info. I don't know much about the Virtual credit cards.

I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction to get a card I could reload, stay anonymous, and has a limit around $1000 or higher. What do you guys use?

Thanks.

I don't think there is any card out there that has a limit of $1000 without needing to register your ID. I think I read a while ago that they changed rules for these things to fight money laundering and esp. anonymous financing of terrorist cells.

Besides, if you want to use it online, how do you think that would work without registering your address? Nearly all merchants do address verification online.

You don't need to have a verified address with a visa gift card (vanilla visa) for example. Any address and name will process it fine. The only problem is if you order a physical product cause obviously you'll want to use your correct address. Hosting, ppc, domain reg you can easily fake it, however.

Don't know of one that is more than 1K. Don't know of one that doesn't expire after a year (or starts charging you $2.50 per month after a while)

Looked a bit into this and every provider of reloadable prepaid cards has a statement like this on their website, usually right on the front page, just scoll down to the fineprint on the bottom:

"The USA PATRIOT Act is a federal law that requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. What this means for you: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents."

Mio Card
AccountNow
Net Spend

Since it's a law, it should apply to every US provider. If you do find one that doesn't ask for ID, you're running the risk of having the company shut down and your money gone. The only exception are gift cards - only small amounts (i.e. much less than $1000) and not reloadable. Thank Mr. Bush for the greatness that is the Patriot Act.