Gift card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsYoBuddy

Rise And Grind!
Apr 6, 2008
Philly
I hate getting these visa gift cards or those bank gift cards. I never use all of the amount and I end up having like $1-4 left on the card. Then it eventually gets taken out by the gay $2.50 a month charge for not using it on time. But the card will say its expired next year and they will start taking out money. There isn't really anywhere to spend that last .75 cents or that last $4. Gas stations don't know how to use them and always say its not working.

Is there anyway I can deposit the card's amount into my bank account or even like paypal so I can put them to use?

Yeah I know, its only .75 or $4 or something along those lines. But with 4-5 of those, it might add up and if they are gifts you really don't want to waste them.

Can't get yourself like a soda at the local grocery store?

I agree, I could. In my opinion, paying for a soda with a gift card/pre-paid credit card seems kind of weird. And you will always have that extra few cents.

Any ideas or there is no getting past this?

contact your AM and ask that they just add the amount of the card to your wire.

contact your AM and ask that they just add the amount of the card to your wire.

Hmm, good idea. Only thing is, I am not really doing any big numbers to receive weekly wires. I still receive these things called checks. Not many people know about these since I am still sucking at AM atm.

If I did receive wires, It would be a great idea.

Any others?

I agree, I could. In my opinion, paying for a soda with a gift card/pre-paid credit card seems kind of weird. And you will always have that extra few cents.

Any ideas or there is no getting past this?

This is part of how they make money off the things, just business man. I know it sucks but their betting you won't go to these lengths to get that last little bit of dough off them.

Status
Not open for further replies.