Getting the initial traffic

JPJedi

Feb 10, 2007
GA
www.gigsterapp.com
I have a site I just launched where you can download software from. How are the best ways to buildup generic visitors? The site has been up for 2 months and the only traffic is the paid advertising.

Any tricks of the trade???

SEO to get your website higher in the search engines. Look for keyword that is being searched and optimize your site for that keyword.

Directory submission
forum posting
blog commenting
profile backlinks
They will get you started on the SEO. There's heaps on info on the forums on how to best do it

did you code your software or are you promoting others ?
If you have access to your source code, create a button that links to your site from the software itself, and upload it to various software directories and torrent sites

I do have access to the source code and their are a few links to the site. The technical help, registration links are also included in the application.

I just got worried because when I have advertising $$ I have visitors and when I set all my ads to zero I saw I would only get a visitor hear and their. I do think the site needs more content on it and that might help too.

But thanks for all the replies,:bowdown:. I just want to make sure this site gets off the ground OK and supports itself.

Seo is the best for long term traffic.
For instant traffic:
-Warez forums
-Yahoo answers
-Youtube
-Facebook Fanpages
-Article Submission
-Torrents
-Google groups, Yahoo groups
.....Just google "ways to get traffic"......

I suppose you have some capital since you're paying for traffic so investing some $$$ into link building would be the best choice.
Other than that, hire somebody to post on warez forums for you. You will get traffic AND links.

~spanic

Seo is the best for long term traffic.
For instant traffic:
-Warez forums
-Yahoo answers
-Youtube
-Facebook Fanpages
-Article Submission
-Torrents
-Google groups, Yahoo groups
.....Just google "ways to get traffic"......

I suppose you have some capital since you're paying for traffic so investing some $$$ into link building would be the best choice.
Other than that, hire somebody to post on warez forums for you. You will get traffic AND links.

~spanic
Unless OP has a warez site, I don't see how posting on a warez forum could possibly benefit him, and if he does he's an idiot for paying for traffic.