Getting humor traffic to convert

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcrmoney

Sep 10, 2007
I run a few medium sized humor sites (1mill+ monthly pageviews) and am having extreme difficultly getting them to have semi decent CPMs. I've tried the normal stuff (humor tshirt aff programs, adsense, popups/unders, interstitial) and while popups/unders/interistials do seem to get a semi decent CPM (~$0.8) they also cause pageviews to drop by about 30%-35%.

I've also tried direct sales without much success. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Once you identify the crowd the majority of your visitors are, you may want to find some trend hunters that can actually tell you what's going on, and what they expect to be big in 6 months.
Unfortunately, as with all predictions, it's hit and miss.

Maybe some competition based submits, with the banner being aimed at the demo you're getting? I've seen some Sony mobile entertainment banners on local sites lately.

Demo is 16-24 year old males, 70% US traffic. Mobile/IQ/Crush stuff doesn't work at all either.

Generally I can get a high CTR using a pretty lady with some nice clevage, it's just a matter of getting that to convert.

Demo is 16-24 year old males, 70% US traffic. Mobile/IQ/Crush stuff doesn't work at all either.

Generally I can get a high CTR using a pretty lady with some nice clevage, it's just a matter of getting that to convert.

16-24 year old males that like to click on boobs..... Fleshlight affiliate program?

Try pitching one of the ebooks on how to get women. There are some one CB, and they do pretty well with that kind of traffic.

But if you really don't want to be lazy, then set up a bunch of autoresponders for the largest niches (weight loss, making money, lots of sex, etc) and rotate ads directing to them.

Each such autoresponder sequence would pitch specific products. Don't forget to add some content between pitches.

Let them sort themselves into various markets. Don't try to do it for them.

Reactions: marfarma
Status
Not open for further replies.