Getting Featured in the Mainstream Media?

WickFlick

Jul 28, 2010
I was just wondering if anyone has some experience on how to get featured in mainstream media outlets. It would be really an awesome credibility boost if one gets at least quoted in the context of another story as the "expert".
Anyone with some experience on that?
Especially looking for "shortcut" suggestions (e.g. paid "placements").

Ron Douglas is a guy you might want to get in touch with about this...he usually just frequents WaFO, but that's mostly because that is his ideal audience for the stuff he is selling right now.

PM him on WaFo and he will get back to you, always does.

Yea, I've used HARO quite a few times. Haven't had as much time to scour it though as of late. But its def good. Also, contributing to local newspapers and such is a great way to get in the door. You don't want to approach The Times or the WSJ unless you've had some credible news stories run on you.

Hit me up anytime about that. My brother Kevin and I have tons of mainstream media contacts. Kevin is on TV all the time as the expert for celebrity scandals.

He's been on all kinds of shows, too many to mention, don't know where to begin.

This was on HARO Wednesday evening, in case anyone missed it.

5) Summary: Seeking expert on internet advertising

Name: Tanja Kern (Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health)

Category: Business and Finance

Email: query-19k0@helpareporter.com

Media Outlet: Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health

Deadline: 07:00 PM EST - 14 June

Query:

Looking for an expert who can speak about online advertising (
Facebook ads, Google adwords, etc.). The goal of the article is
to teach therapists how to use online methods of advertising to
boost business and outreach for their practices.

Thank you guys. Great stuff, really appreciate the suggestions.
HARO seems to be the perfect service for that subject.

Used Haro for my blog to crowd source as well as had success getting into mainstream media. Got my daughter into the biggest dance magazine in America (including picture) when they were interviewing people that dance AND instruct at the same studio. She was stoked and it build her reputation immensely.

Trick to queries is being SUPER fast. Haro hits, you go through it and respond. Don't forget to give a little background on yourself (what makes you an expert) if you can. If you got one or two citation mention that.

BE ON POINT!!! Don't try to pitch them products... It seldom works...