Getting an expired .com before it's too late

lplplp2

Mar 14, 2013
Hi,

The owner of a nice .com domain in my niche have decided to drop the domain and let it expire.

It's only been ~2 months since the domain was dropped, so the domain is still belonging to the owner according to WhoIs (i.e it has not been caught by any domainers etc.).

Any good ideas for how I can get the domain before someone else catch it?

I have emailed the previous owner, but he doesn't seem to be able get the domain back after he dropped it.

Thanks!

Read ICANN policies on redemption. He can pay $80-200 (depending on Registrar) redemption fee to get the domain back and you can buy the name from him afterwards in order not to lose the link juice. If you cannot contact him - backorder the domain through some backordering company like Snapnames.com. You pay them around $60 and if they cannot catch the name they pay the money back.

Generally speaking, once domain is in redemption your best course of actions would be backordering it.

Bro, If you can't contact the person, i would like to recommend you to back-order the domain through backordering sites. I really don't know what its cost, that's the only way you can catch that juicy thing :D