Get files from websites directory.

lovetoearn

Mar 7, 2010
This may not even be possible, but I have noticed found sites that have their directories available to view through my browser. My question is, can one download these files somehow. I have been looking and trying for hours with no success. When I attempt to obtain these files all that I get the .htm of the file and directory structure, not the actual files. These files are .php and .txt

I'm assuming you are hitting directories through a web browser and the directories do not have an index file defined.

"Save Target As"?

Would probably work for .txt, but if the webserver has php enabled, you're not gonna get the source code via http.

That's what I have come to accept. I was hoping that I would be able to "Borrow" their plugins, but I can not get the php files. Ohh well not a big loss, was just curious. The temptation of seeing them was too great to not try.

No way to get php files, because they are server-sided.
Mattseh, are you talking about shells? It's illegal.

That was my conclusion. Breaking the law is not my cup of tea, however if it can bend and not break that is all GREY. Still I gave up, and appreciate the replies. Short of breaking the law I could not come up with a viable means of accomplishing the task. :updown: