gaming Rig how are these specs?

vinnythejinny

Mar 5, 2008
been away for a while mainly due to my recent move to another country. Now we are trying to get back to normal life after finding a nice apartment and trying to settle down here.

i will be getting a new gaming PC next week and the guy who will be assembling my rig put together these specs. Can you guys recommend if this is OK or if i want to add more power this rig.

Intel Quad Core i7-870 2.93G
Gigabyte/Asyus P55 MoBo
4GB DDR3 PC1333 dual channel RAM (most likely i will ask for 8 gb ram)
750GB samsung SATA2 (should i get 1 TB)
22x Samsung DVDRW
Nvidia Geforce GT440 1GB HDMI DVI Card
8x USB
8 channel HD audio
10/100/1000 mbps gigabit lan
ATX Casing with 500 watts power
will add 22inch monitor or should i go for higher?

I would mainly play games like CoD, unreal etc. Is this computing power good enough?

That processor, while good, is not the newest from intel. Get the i7 2600K its much better (its the newest generation of i processors. You can see it stack up here PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End in between a few $1000 processors)

Its only $315 Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K

An $80 gpu? Cmon now...

If I were you I'd get a i5 2500K (yes the newest version) for $225 Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K and upgrade your GPU and get a Radeon HD 6950 ($250)

8 gig for sure

Play around - You can arrange it to be under $900

EDIT: Make damn sure your getting a 1155 board for either of those new processors and make sure its been updated since all 1155 boards got recalled upon the first release. Most places won't sell the recalled boards, but if its a mom and pop pc store then double check)

thanks guys. will ask my guy to build the ultimate one with the add ons u guys suggested. My budget remains $1100. am not in USA, am in singapore but they get all the latest stuff here anyway.

i know am a fucking dumbass with all this new tech since not been gaming for 3 years now. hope to start soon with the new rig

I can't comment much on specs, cause I know jack shit about it, but I will tell you that my buddy that does most gaming on his puter set up a 42" Samsung LED for his monitor and it's pretty fucking awesome. 22" wouldn't cut it for me.

Those look like gaming specs from 2 years ago.. Get a p67 based mb, i5-2500k or i7-2600k to overclock, 8gb minimum. The gt440 is really slow in comparison to what's available unless you plan to play games at 1024x768. Gamers wants speed to load games, get an SSD drive. Don't get a blu-ray drive, that's just a waste of money. Get a bigger power supply if you ever think you'll cross-connect two video cards. 22" - 24" monitor is up to you but don't sacrifice pixel quality over monitor size when pricing.

It wasn't stated what you're getting but make sure you get a quality power supply. Most PSU's that come with cases are unreliable pieces of shite.

I can recommend the Corsair VX550W after doing the research for my current PC.

been away for a while mainly due to my recent move to another country. Now we are trying to get back to normal life after finding a nice apartment and trying to settle down here.

i will be getting a new gaming PC next week and the guy who will be assembling my rig put together these specs. Can you guys recommend if this is OK or if i want to add more power this rig.

Intel Quad Core i7-870 2.93G
Gigabyte/Asyus P55 MoBo
4GB DDR3 PC1333 dual channel RAM (most likely i will ask for 8 gb ram)
750GB samsung SATA2 (should i get 1 TB)
22x Samsung DVDRW
Nvidia Geforce GT440 1GB HDMI DVI Card
8x USB
8 channel HD audio
10/100/1000 mbps gigabit lan
ATX Casing with 500 watts power
will add 22inch monitor or should i go for higher?

I would mainly play games like CoD, unreal etc. Is this computing power good enough?

for starters:

As mentioned, low on ram. Any is fine as long as it works, gaming ram is largely hype.