Gambling Affililates - Whats the Laws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooody

Feb 27, 2007
I've been keen to jump into the Gambling affiliates area for a while now. I've got a couple of undeveloped gambling related domains sitting around that I have been putting off due to the grey area of promoting gambling offers.

Does anyone fully understand what is allowed in this area?

From what I've heard the US is a total no go zone and recent UK laws have restricted how gambling is advertised.

I've heard that some laws depend on where your based. I'm currently in Australia but heading to the UK soon so I need to know if I have to set up some Oz based hosting etc... to get these offers rolling before I head to the sunny shores of England.

If anyone has any experience in this area or could point me in the right direction to do some further research that would be fucking fantastic.

Cheers
Woody

US = dead zone.
CA = questionable.
UK = acceptable, ethical marketing only.
ASIA = free fucking party, man.

We need to sticky this or write an ebook about it (once it's official) so people stop asking this question. Or wait, a 'white paper.' We can write a white paper about it and give it away free with every purchase. We will value it at $138 and you can get it free.

Dude, if you're based out of the US and don't really care about coming here, go for it. Just build 'em, find a couple programs, and see what happens.

It's the US-based affiliates that got fucked 2 years ago. Port protection bill my ass.

Seems to me you ought to be good if you get a server outside any country that has restrictions... how about Russia? They seem pretty spam friendly so they probably wouldn't cut off your nuts for running gambling offers.

There are a number of poker rooms that accept American players.

I run poker promotions on hosting in the US. Never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.