G-rated ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan

Resident GILF
Aug 6, 2006
Arizona, USA
www.jansideas.com
Is there a way to make adsense or ypn safe for kids? What would be other options for a site for a young children?

My daughters (9 & 12 years old) want to enter the world of the internet entrepreneur and have ads on a blog designed for kids. I don't want some women meeting women ad to pop up! (have had that happen on my ads and have seen it on a few other sites w/adsense). The girls don't need to be making big bucks, but a little would be encouraging for them. Mostly the blog is for them to learn on.

Adult content should not be syndicated over Adsense or YPN (but they can advertise at least on Adwords through search.) However, I don't think homosexuality qualifies as adult content in Google or Yahoo's view. You can add the sites to the competative ad blocker, but you can only block specific domains you know of.

I had done the same with my kids (4 and 9).

I had to use the competative ad filter to get rid of some of the borderline ads the google was throwing up. I am now using mostly YPN on the site and use their ad targeting tool.

Also you may want to think about using a company like CJ where you can choose which ad campaigns to run. Though they do not pay per click.

Jer

CJ is not for the light at heart. Its far from an alternative to contextual advertising. Put it this way, if Adsense was a 12 oz of beer, CJ would be a hit of LSD. Not to say you can't make money from it, but be prepared to do some serious work.

Andrew said:
CJ is not for the light at heart. Its far from an alternative to contextual advertising. Put it this way, if Adsense was a 12 oz of beer, CJ would be a hit of LSD. Not to say you can't make money from it, but be prepared to do some serious work.

haha, excellent analogy!

Jan said:
Is there a way to make adsense or ypn safe for kids? What would be other options for a site for a young children?

My daughters (9 & 12 years old) want to enter the world of the internet entrepreneur and have ads on a blog designed for kids. I don't want some women meeting women ad to pop up! (have had that happen on my ads and have seen it on a few other sites w/adsense). The girls don't need to be making big bucks, but a little would be encouraging for them. Mostly the blog is for them to learn on.

Tell your kids to come join WickedFire. They will learn lots!

Just tell them to stay away from certain members, even if they offer them candy!

He is right... Get them on WickedFire! It will be the god damn best learning experience they will ever fucking have! Yay kids, they will have one hell of a bitchin time!

:banana_sml::love-smiley-083::banana_sml:

LSD and WF members w/candy......I think there might be something to my girls just opening up a lemonade stand and staying away from the internet! Hey, I know I'm not the only one here on WF who has reproduced, maybe we'll see a "Wicked Fire Kids" or "Wicked Fire, Too"! LOL

Anyways, I appreciate the replies, it does help. Thank you! When the time comes I might just get them a few sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.