Funny Craigslist scam

thewrestlingfan

Feb 21, 2010
So I listed an item up on CL today and shortly after I got a response from someone asking if the item was still available and I was like yeah. So this is where the conversation takes off.

Hello ,
Thanks for your quick response... Am satisfied with the price and
condition of the item. I will like to make an outright purchase of the
item. I am out of town on a business trip, so i will like to proceed
in issuing out a certified bank check to you and upon the confirmation
and clearance of payment my shipper will come for the pick-up at your
location. and just to let you know that i will be compensating you
another 50$ for selling the item for me and take the list off
cl...Please confirm & provide your name, address and contact
information so that the payment can be mail out asap.and in return I
will provide mine.So let me read back from you as soon as today.Your
early response will be gradually appreciated....Thanks

Yeah... I'm not a complete moron, I try to cash a fake check and the item is well on its way to you before my bank tells me it's no good. So I decided to have fun with it. This is what I sent him

That sounds awesome!

here's my address:

Joe Biden
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

I was thinking that he would catch onto it.. But no, this moron is actually going to mail a check to the Vice President of the United States.

Hello,
Just got your address,its ok with me and thanks for your understand,just be expecting the payment soonest ok and i will get back to you with the tracking # for the package and i want to inform you that my secretary will be issuing the payment immediately as i am very busy.I know am going to wait for the check to get cleared in your bank first.

Please as soon as you get the payment,kindly let me know so that i will know the status of the check from your bank.Kindly make sure you keep other buyer off and keep the item for me as i am very excited you are letting me pay for it,I hope to read from you as soon as you get it.

Thanks.

I hope they accept it as a campaign contribution.

Should have told him to include the return address and sprinkle salt on the letter for good luck.

They always try to get you to remove the listing so you won't get wise to it if someone else hits you with the same line.