Fuck ACN phones!!!

LMSInc.

Oct 21, 2009
So a client of mine had these boxes sitting next to his front door for awhile, and I finally asked him about them. Now, let me say that I have been obsessed with the idea of getting a VoIP phone lately after using a top-notch Cisco one for a little bit at an office.

My budget hasn't allowed it, but it's an impulse buy I still wanna make.

Anyways, so I ask my client what the boxes are, and he tells me they are VoIP phones. Apparently he bought them like a year ago and never ended up using them and was just going to give them to Salvation Army. I was like 'Are you serious?! I'll fucking take them!' and he said 'If you do, take all of them!'.

So, I get home with 3 brand new, still-in-the-box VoIP video-conference phones stoked as shit, just to find out that they are made by a Cunty company called ACN, which is a fucking pyramid scheme sales company that sells branded and software-locked phones which ONLY work with their SIP network, which is, of course, overpriced and terrible.

So now I have three new paperweights.

Yay me. :(

Just wanted to vent. Fuck this company.

I wonder if I can dupe anyone on CL into trading these three new phones for a used cheap-o Cisco one (I don't need video).

I guess we'll see.

LOL

My cousin's friend was on my nuts about this shit like 2 years ago trying to sell me on it told him to gtfo.

LOL

My cousin's friend was on my nuts about this shit like 2 years ago trying to sell me on it told him to gtfo.

I've never heard of them until tonight, but holy shit does this company suck. I guess, from reading around, that the phones are meh hardware wise, nothing special, but they will do... But the damn firmware they lock you in with is a bitch!

Google the exact model number.

[Unlock] SPA2102 - locked to which provider? - VOIP Tech Chat | DSLReports Forums

That looks like they can successfully flash stock firmwares that rid the phones of the ACN junk.

I just read the link, and that isn't the model I have. The one I have is the IRIS 3000, which, from what I've found thus far online, no one has been able to unlock.

But Mr Trump says ACN is more advanced than real estate!! Are you calling Mr Trump a liar?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CXNE7Lm7y4]ACN Donald Trump Intro - YouTube[/ame]

ACN is sketchy. I've been to a few of their conferences and they have very good spokespersons, but they over exaggerate their crappy MLM scheme. Their phones suck too! I got rid of mine, that thing was garbage the only thing it was good for was long distance calls.