Free Crazyegg account - ends today at midnight.

erifdekciw

May 3, 2008
Just saw this today... Apparently appsumo has some deal going with crazy egg where you can signup and get 5000 free views per month forever. Just thought i'd post this here for all you cheap bastards who don't want to pay $9 a month for 10,000 views or you just don't find crazy egg good enough to warrant $9 a month subscription. Now you can get 5000 views a month for free...

Your last chance to get a free lifetime of Crazy Egg

Just saw this today... Apparently appsumo has some deal going with crazy egg where you can signup and get 5000 free views per month forever. Just thought i'd post this here for all you cheap bastards who don't want to pay $9 a month for 10,000 views or you just don't find crazy egg good enough to warrant $9 a month subscription. Now you can get 5000 views a month for free...

Your last chance to get a free lifetime of Crazy Egg

Thanks for the heads up - snagged an account :)

I%20love%20this%20thread%20SO%20MUCH.jpg

Awesome! Had been meaning to get an account anyways and this beats paying for it

Signed up to test it...

But their prices are such a rip off.

I can get a million PV, heatmaps, and everything else they offer for $20/month elsewhere.. They don't even offer up to a million, and it's $99/month for 250K, lol.

Ugh. They use 1000 width screens to display the heatmap overlays which cuts off my site built for the biiig screens. I should really get around to making the site responsive.

Hi friends, I really need this freebie but it has already gone. Can anyone please share one account with me? I would appreciate that.

I can theoretically see the benefits of getting a heat map but so far whenever I've used heat map software on my sites not once did I get any kind of valuable data.

OK you can see where your visitors are clicking but what does that really tell you? I mean, if I have an image above my call to action button and I see people are clicking on that image, what kind of conclusions do you guys get out of that? The usual response is to make that image clickable. Ha! I've seen from split testing that you don't necessarily want to increase your LP CTR at any cost since it can actually lower your ROI by confusing your users (eg: click on an image/testimonial sends them to order page).

Any thoughts from seasoned heatmap users that have managed to raise their ROI by using heatmaps?

I can theoretically see the benefits of getting a heat map but so far whenever I've used heat map software on my sites not once did I get any kind of valuable data.

OK you can see where your visitors are clicking but what does that really tell you? I mean, if I have an image above my call to action button and I see people are clicking on that image, what kind of conclusions do you guys get out of that? The usual response is to make that image clickable. Ha! I've seen from split testing that you don't necessarily want to increase your LP CTR at any cost since it can actually lower your ROI by confusing your users (eg: click on an image/testimonial sends them to order page).

Any thoughts from seasoned heatmap users that have managed to raise their ROI by using heatmaps?

Well, it's definetly good to see where people are clicking and yes the obvious response is to make an unclickable area clickable if they are clicking on it...however....Give some serious thought as to what you serve the clickers. They are probably clicking the unclickable area for a reason. For instance...

We had a little image on a landing page that said "Customers Rate Us 5 Stars." It wasn't clickable, it was just there as a trust factor (it was a true statement by the way). We saw that people were clicking on it even though it didn't click so we had it pop up with some 5 star reviews from customers on the left and a lead form on the right saying "Let Us Show You The 5 Star Experience." It's converting 20% of the people clicking on that area now.

The thing that's super obnoxious about crazyegg is that you have to pay for the WHOLE YEAR. We have a plus account but I still find it ridiculous and irritating.

They also measure scroll depth, which allows you to see how far down into a landing page your visitors are getting. If they're not even hitting your main copy and selling points, you can use that data to restructure your page.

These guys also have one of the best landing pages in the business, good for taking notes on.