[FREE Application] Use MySpace to get a "Bazillion" YouTube Views

legitPHP

Developer
Jul 8, 2009
www.legitphp.com
OffWhiteHat's recent post about embedding YouTube videos in the comments of popular MySpace profiles to boost your video views gave me an idea for script.

Here is his post: Get a Bazillion YouTube Views | Off-White Hat

Basically you have to look around on MySpace for profiles that are popular (high friend counts), and allow HTML in the comments.

I wrote a PHP application to automatically scrape MySpace profiles, and identify the popular ones that do allow HTML in the comments.

Click Here to Download the .zip

It will run on pretty much any server that has PHP5 installed. All you have to do is extract the zipped files into any web accessible folder, then chmod the "files" folder, and all the files inside of it to 777. Visit that directory in a browser, and you're good to go.

Mostly Unnecessary Details
The script scrapes the specified amount of profiles (IDs), by searching for music profiles within a 10mi radius of a random zip code.

You can specify how many pages deep you want to go into the search results to retrieve IDs from before the script searches again from a new random zip code. Note: generally the first pages contain the more popular profiles.

There are throttling features to specify how long you want the script to wait between page retrievals. There are separate settings for searching, and checking profiles. The settings are in seconds, and allow float values (ie: .5 or 2.75).

When you search for profiles, the results will be shown to you in real time as the scrape is occurring. The same goes for checking profiles.

The home page of the program will tell you...

• How many IDs have been scraped
  • How many profiles have been checked
  • -- How many of those profiles are "EMBEDable"
  • -- How many of those profiles are not EMBEDable
  • -- How many of those profile IDs are invalid
  • How many EMBEDable profiles have been exported to CSV
  • How many EMBEDable profiles are left to export to CSV
Once you've scraped and checked the desired amount of profiles, you can export them to a CSV file with the profile URL, along with the how many friends that profile has... so you can use your spreadsheet program, and sort them by friend count to drop your links/images/videos on the most popular profiles.

Thanks to OffWhiteHat for the idea.

Have fun!

Note: It is strongly suggested that you password protect your directory if your server is located outside your local network.

Any feedback? Lol.

Here is a screenshot of the UI, along with a video, and a sample file of the exports.

myspace-screen.gif

YouTube - MySpace Profile Scraper Demo

Sample CSV Export

i think it sounds awesome... was going to post last night those thoughts... but figured would wait for some people to post. maybe they are too busy using it while the gettin' is good!

Interesting stuff, title is a little misleading because you can easily use it for more than just youtube videos.

Wow... I read that offwhitehat's post and thought about coding this kind of script in future and then saw this thread. This saves some time for me. :)

Thanks! +rep

WHOA. This looks sick. I will be installing this tonight. Nice work on taking a good idea from ma boy Jack and giving it the automation mindset like Contempt.me would, all the while attacking the problem from a bluehat state of mind.

Jesus. You're like google wave combining shit.