Forum: How much traffic/members I need in order to make descent money from Adsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michel Z.

Jun 24, 2006
Israel
Thinking to start up a forum site!
- How much traffic/members I need in order to make descent money from Adsense on a daily basis?
- Also would like to know how much capacity a forum will ask from my hosting account? How much space, etc. do I need? What other requirements are needed regarding hosting?

Thanks a lot!

AdSense isn't very successful on forums, as members begin to 'see through' the ads.

You should look into other ad networks that pay per impression, or private advertisers.

How much would you consider a 'decent' amount?

I have a friend that owns www.rideoc.com I introduced him to Adsense and even integrated it into his forum for him. After a week he tells me he's making $5/day. I have a hard time believing him but who knows?

If you can get 1,000 members to your forum you'll be able to make a decent amount of money off of it (you have to keep your members active though :p).

At first your forum probably won't cost much to host. There are a ton of hosts out there that will give you 100GB of bandwidth for $10/month. Disk space probably won't be a huge deal either.

I suggest you join an Affiliate Network and include ads in your forum newsletter (which is a MUST). With 1,000 members, you can convert pretty well. Most networks will have nice $30.00/lead deals and if you only convert 5/1000 leads you'll still make $150.00 (for that one newsletter).

If you place both AdSense on your forum and CPA ads you'll be making some cash in no time :)

Payton said:
I have a friend that owns www.rideoc.com I introduced him to Adsense and even integrated it into his forum for him. After a week he tells me he's making $5/day. I have a hard time believing him but who knows?

If he really is making that off the forum I bet he'd get a little more if the ads were integrated a little better.

Indy said:
AdSense isn't very successful on forums, as members begin to 'see through' the ads.

You should look into other ad networks that pay per impression, or private advertisers.

How much would you consider a 'decent' amount?

For example Lee Dodd is very very succesful with his forums and as far as I know he uses Adsense to make big bucks!?

stickycarrots said:
There are a ton of hosts out there that will give you 100GB of bandwidth for $10/month. Disk space probably won't be a huge deal either.

It's unbelievable how much bandwidth and diskspace hosts offer now. I'm getting 500GB of bandwidth and 20GB of diskspace for $7.95 --- found the deal at www.rankaboo.com --- plus I can host unlimited domains on the one account.... not sure how that works yet.

There really is no reason NOT to start 100's of websites now.

Status
Not open for further replies.