For those of you considering using 7search to generate leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylark

Trying to make some moves
Nov 15, 2006
Toronto
While I won't suggest using 7search to try to earn commissions from sales, I have used them to convert leads which of course require less effort on the visitor's part.

The main problem with 7search is that if your offer is only offered in the US, 7search does not give you the ability to geo-target your visitors. I mimimized the amount of non-US traffic I received by specifying "US Only" in my ad copy but international traffic still slips through. I even went so far as to use geo-targeting on my end and redirect visitors to country specific offers (Great Britain, Canada, Austrailia, and US). The problem is that eventually I received traffic from other countries such as Japan.

Until 7search puts a geo-targeting system in place, I won't be using them. I've lost too much $$ to international traffic I couldn't convert.

I'm sure it isn't as big of a problem, but I've US targetted Google campaigns and found hits from foreign, non English speaking countries. The response from the Google rep is that they can parse a foreign search for say.... Widgits in New Jersey, and send it to my Widgits keyword even if I targetted for the US.

Yes, same here. Really the only thing you can do is geotarget on your side. Thing more along the lines of minimizing losses rather than turning a profit.

So, have you actually made any leads from using 7search. 7search is quite a large ppc search engine, but it still most probably has some fraudulent clicks happening due to their affiliates.

So does the traffic convert, the US traffic that is?

So, have you actually made any leads from using 7search. 7search is quite a large ppc search engine, but it still most probably has some fraudulent clicks happening due to their affiliates.

So does the traffic convert, the US traffic that is?

I'm able to generate leads once I get a half decent amount of US traffic. Like Andrew mentioned however, you have to think as to how to minimize your loss because there's no way of getting around receiving traffic from outside the US.

I tried geo-targeting on my end but there's only so much you can do. If someone comes from a country where non of your offers are valid, you're shit out of luck!

I may try them then just to promote my site as if you are getting leads then I guess some of their traffic is real visitors. I am rather weary of these 2nd and 3rd tier ppc search engines that offer an affiliate program where alot of the 3rd tier ppc search engines use their results to fill their search engines and then get alot of affiliates theirselves that then fraud their engines and also use GPT read emails and things to send clicks.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say.

I have never been able to convert 7search, SF and Miva for anything sales or lead related. They're good for Arb only really

I guess they wouldn't work for promoting my affiliate programs directory then. But then again if they work for Arb, then that means they are sending real visitors that are kind of targetted so I may have some good traffic amongst the bad traffic that would come from 7search.

Status
Not open for further replies.