flycell landing page on iframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

thalas

Sep 12, 2007
Hi all,

I was wondering if this is allowed. On my ringtones site after the user chooses the cell phone carrier I don't redirect them on the flycell affiliate page but on a page in the same domain with an iframe showing that affiliate page. Check my ringtones site and tell me if you know about this issue.

cheers

no man it's not! I'm just asking a straight question. I'm sorry if it looks like I'm trying to promote my site :(

if you do it that way then you can use the google conversion code to track conversions right?

if you do it that way then you can use the google conversion code to track conversions right?

yeah I'm already doing that. So do you think that having the affiliate page on an iframe doesn't have any effect anything? Is it allowed?

I think it is allowed as long as the user can still scroll down within the iframe and nothing is blocked.

How does using an iframe allow you to better track conversions (I am thinking of a conversion as the user fully inputting their PIN). Or are you just tracking when they click onto one of the carrier/offer pages that is iframed?

Ask ur AM... I'm pretty sure it is allowed as long as you don't cut anything off from the offer page.

I think it is allowed as long as the user can still scroll down within the iframe and nothing is blocked.

How does using an iframe allow you to better track conversions (I am thinking of a conversion as the user fully inputting their PIN). Or are you just tracking when they click onto one of the carrier/offer pages that is iframed?

I just track them after they click onto one of the carrier page. I don't know how I can track them after they enter their PIN

yeah that's allowed, as long as you can scroll down and see all the t&c on the offer.

This will likely be an issue, especially with all the compliance shit going down in the ringtones industry. With this implementation, you have the ability to manipulate the marketing message in the area above the iframe. Not saying you will, but it leaves you open to getting your site flagged. I would definitely double check with your AM on this. The last thing you want is to get your campaign shut down because of something like this.

Just as a heads up, how come it says "<Carrier> users Ringtones" on the second page? What does that mean? You should change it since I'm willing to bet it's negatively impacting your conversions. People are increasingly paranoid these days especially with all the international fraudsters out there who don't exactly have the best grasp of English, so you don't want to feed into that paranoia.

The iframe is the least of your compliance worries, read the new MMA affiliate guidelines.

This will likely be an issue, especially with all the compliance shit going down in the ringtones industry. With this implementation, you have the ability to manipulate the marketing message in the area above the iframe. Not saying you will, but it leaves you open to getting your site flagged. I would definitely double check with your AM on this. The last thing you want is to get your campaign shut down because of something like this.

Just as a heads up, how come it says "<Carrier> users Ringtones" on the second page? What does that mean? You should change it since I'm willing to bet it's negatively impacting your conversions. People are increasingly paranoid these days especially with all the international fraudsters out there who don't exactly have the best grasp of English, so you don't want to feed into that paranoia.

thanks fluidc. I will ask my AM about those issues.

Also, yesterday I earned my first AM money :) To be precise I spend $49.5 on Adwords and got $33 from Flycell.

I have to work on my QS and CTR, I know...

OK. First off your landing page is nasty. Next, you have to be careful with iframes because from my experience things like google toolbar will block its content for some viewer. With your current implementation, I don't think its that important to have an iframe. What you need to do is contact me so I can whip you up a better landing page.

Status
Not open for further replies.