First Adwords Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Banned
Jun 24, 2006
Australia
So I've never really needed to use Adwords, but since I recently registered with Azoogle Ads and got accepted I thought I'd try it. I'm targeting a few good keywords, with a max CPC of 20c, estimated 0-3 clicks a day, and a budget of $1 a day. I know this isn't much, but being my first campaign I wanted it to just test it out :)

The best way is get on there and try out a few keywords that you think will work. You most likely have a few in mind anyway. You could always try the Google adwords keyword tool

I would probably pay a little more per click to start getting some CTR and then reduce my CPC down once you have a few clicks going through and you have optimised the keywords, ads, and relevancy. Doing this will reduce you average cpc.

A few things you can do to control/improve your spend.

1. Set a monthly budget
2. Set individual costs per keyword
3. Improve ads, keywords & relevancy by increasing CTR
4. Add some tracking code to your site so you can see ROI
5. Add keywords to your ads to improve CTR
6. Capitalise ad text to improve CTR

You can add the searched keywords to your title or add text by using
{KeyWord:Default Keyword} as the title or part or your add text. If the keyword the user searched for is shorter than what's available then it will show in the add otherwise you will get the default. This helps improves CTR about 25%

by the way... the smiley face is a colon but i couldn't work out how to put a colon there without the smiley

Still got 0 clicks, grrr :p
got rid of exact match, and did phrase match now tho. The terms are still very targeted however.

I tested out adwords last month, I thought it was fairly good. I too had a low budget ($3.00 / day), the campaign was getting about 10 clicks per day and the average CPC was about $0.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.