Find My First Car

stussy5555

HNIC
Dec 12, 2007
Anyone know how to find a car if you have only the VIN #?

From the research I have done, it appears that I would have to hire a PI because CarFax, et al really only tell you the city and state of the car, but not the actual current owners information?

Anyone know more scoop on this?

Dude, where's my car?

If you lost your car in a big city wait for someone to either tow it and call it in or it's already on a boat to Mexico.

There's guys selling car reports for a buck on eBay. Find out the last state it was titled/registered in and then contact an auto lien agency in that state and maybe they'll hook you up for a nominal fee.

Ah, I did this a few years ago only to find out my first car had been crushed. It saddened me. :( Anyway if you want to find out go to your local DMV office. Tell them you want to do a vehicle search. They'll hand you a stack of bureaucratic forms to fill out and within 30-45 days you should have your results!

If you want to speed up this process find out what state the car is registered in and contact the DMV there.

Will the DMV in that state give you the owners information? How do you go about getting them to give you that info?

The information is public record, anyone get get it with a request. Physically go up to the DMV and fill out the proper forms for a DMV record search. There are online services that offer access to this stuff for a fee.

I like the name bro, Stussy I wear on a regular basis. Other than that sorry for nothing to help you in your troubles bro.

Haha if you have a really good story, they're actually producing a reality TV show about this. Casting is beginning soon. I'm in touch with some of the casting people in "the industry" from my ol' short-lived reality TV days.

I think it's a show really aimed at baby boomers who are trying to find that original 67 chevy they had when they were 16 and let go of for whatever reason... but if you have a cool story I can get you in touch.