Female condom laced with sharp tooth-like hooks against rapists

babylonian

Jun 24, 2006
South African Doctor Invents Female Condoms with 'Teeth' to Fight Sexual Assault | Inhabitat - Green Design Will Save the World

One South African doctor, Sonnet Ehlers, is saying enough is enough — she sold her house and car to finance and invent a female condom laced with sharp tooth-like hooks that clamp onto an attacker’s penis upon penetration. The design is controversial, with many saying that the device is a “medieval” solution, but Ehlers believes it’s a way to make rapists think twice about the crime they’re about to commit.

Read more: South African Doctor Invents Female Condoms with 'Teeth' to Fight Sexual Assault | Inhabitat - Green Design Will Save the World

That's awesome. But fuck... that would hurt.

Rapists deserve it though.

Reminds me of the movie Teeth.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH8yuld4DUE"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Why does it seem like this story pops up once a year?

Rapex Anti-Rape Condoms Turn Your Vagina Into A Penis Fly Trap | The Frisky -- Same article from May 2009

Rapex, the Anti-Rape Condom -- Same shit from January 2008

SOUTH AFRICAN ANTI-RAPE CONDOM - Black Entertainment, Money, Style and Beauty Blogs - Black Voices -- Same shit from April 2007

Rapex: Will It Be Useful For Women? - Medgear -- Same shit from June 2006

Anti-rape condom unveiled - World - smh.com.au -- Same shit from September 2005

If this thing actually catches on, say hello to the rise of butt rape in South Africa.

hehe...
a) it's old and
b) it is considered a bad idea. Rape is often about control / dominance, you can bet that an attacker who was hurt by this would proceed to do really bad things to the woman.

::emp::

Why does it seem like this story pops up once a year?

Rapex Anti-Rape Condoms Turn Your Vagina Into A Penis Fly Trap | The Frisky -- Same article from May 2009

Rapex, the Anti-Rape Condom -- Same shit from January 2008

SOUTH AFRICAN ANTI-RAPE CONDOM - Black Entertainment, Money, Style and Beauty Blogs - Black Voices -- Same shit from April 2007

Rapex: Will It Be Useful For Women? - Medgear -- Same shit from June 2006

Anti-rape condom unveiled - World - smh.com.au -- Same shit from September 2005

And I've never heard of it actually being available for public use.

My Theory: Come up with some freaky way of preventing a rape that people will spread around like wildfire, which then brings to mind the question "Why would a woman seriously need this" and then get told bout how insanely bad the rape problem is in south africa is... viral propaganda/awareness accomplished.

What about the crazy ex-gf who tricks who bf into having "make-up sex" only to SURPRISE him with a rape condom...bitches can be REEALL bitches!

What about the crazy ex-gf who tricks who bf into having "make-up sex" only to SURPRISE him with a rape condom...bitches can be REEALL bitches!

It's okay to throw all men under the bus for the benefit of a few women, haven't you heard.

I hope throwing all the men under bus for few women is not fare. This should be in the reverse way. ' Throwing all the women on bed for few men'

There is a simple workaround. Just use a dildo first to make sure its not protected by that teeth thing. That thing will come out with the dildo. Problem solved.

...Plus you get the added satisfaction of raping someone with a dildo.

I like it.