Facebook sugegsted bids and impressions?

strikernr

Oct 19, 2008
The sign says "Nowhere".
I set up a campaign (age split. targeting male) on facebook. My initial bid was $.40. Didn't receive any impressions. I raised it to $.45. Now receiving barely any impressions. I think 30 or so impressions in last 2 to 3 hours on the whole campaign. My suggested bids are .75+.

I've heard from people that they start getting impressions and clicks @ 0.40 initially (with the same target demographics and filters as mine), even when there suggested bids are 0.75+. Not sure what I'm not receieving any impressions?

-G

I have the same problem. Try bidding higher to establish CTR and lower CPC as suggested bid lowers. Of course, you'll need a good ad.

I tried that it works but impressions drop the next day.

I pause the ads that have less than 0.06 ctr. The next day same ads that were doing >0.1 ctr dropped and impressions dropped as well. So soon as ctr drops impressions drop as well. How to keep ctr consistent because ctr will never be consistent.

Maybe you should up your bid until you get your impressions.

Why do you think you can bid .40 when the suggested is .75?

I get this all the time, and for some strange reason it seems to happen VERY often when I use male, US demographics. Bids are suggested as 0.50 to 0.75, but sometimes no matter what I start them at, their impressions refuse to take off.

When this happens, increasing the bid does not help.
I can start it $0.40 or whatever. Zero impressions.
Up it to $0.80.... MAYBE 20-30 impressions.
Up it to $1. No change.
Up it to $4. MAYBE 50 impressions.
Change the ads to cpm. No difference.
The campaign is fucked.

It's as if the campaign has received the mark of death before it ever got the chance to do anything. Just delete the campaign and try recreating it.

II've heard from people that they start getting impressions and clicks @ 0.40 initially (with the same target demographics and filters as mine), even when there suggested bids are 0.75+.

You can start out with a lower bid only if you're confident the CTR will be strong enough to bring this down naturally. facebook takes a window to test your campaigns CTR, so if its good enough it wont matter what starting bid you put.

you gotta bid high at first ... bid what they suggest, if you get a high CTR they'll suggest a lower bid to you .. the key is to get a high CTR

you gotta bid high at first ... bid what they suggest, if you get a high CTR they'll suggest a lower bid to you .. the key is to get a high CTR

This doesn't seem to matter. I have tested this by creating new campaigns with initial bids way higher than their suggested bids. Still the same problem - no impressions.

Like strikernr said, this doesn't happen to female demographics, only males (US and Canadian). Really weird...

they hate dating ads because there are so many of them. Im suprised they even still allow them.

This doesn't seem to matter. I have tested this by creating new campaigns with initial bids way higher than their suggested bids. Still the same problem - no impressions.

Like strikernr said, this doesn't happen to female demographics, only males (US and Canadian). Really weird...

don't bid higher than what they suggest ... i find that if u bid higher at first it doesnt matter, bid what they tell u to in the beginning, then try to get taht ctr up ... if thats not workin and they stop ur ads .. then u gotta bid high, but at that point the ad isnt going to work so move on

don't bid higher than what they suggest ... i find that if u bid higher at first it doesnt matter, bid what they tell u to in the beginning, then try to get taht ctr up ... if thats not workin and they stop ur ads .. then u gotta bid high, but at that point the ad isnt going to work so move on

Say some ads are recieving >0.10 ctr. Do they stop sending impressions to the entire if the overall campaign ctr is terrible, like <0.05?

I wonder if those ads with >0.10 ctr still run regardless of over all campaign ctr?

im havin that problem now.. i have like 10 ads in one campaign .. what i think happens is that they end up showin the one w/ the highest ctr the most.. but then the rest of them end up making ur good ad lose impressions ...

so yea.. id separate them in diff campaigns, thats worked for me with other ads, but this was my first time throwing like 10-12 ads under one campiang at once and that happend

Even with so much saturation, some players seem to make dating campaign to work.

I uped my bid to 0.65, now getting clicks. 5 clicks so far. Impressions may have stopped but not sure.

-G
They are definitely still working, and still getting approved too, it's just a major PITA. Like when i get an ad approved for cpc, and then try to get the exact same ad approved, only for cpm. Now it's suddenly an irrelevant image and what have we.

However, what i usually do is also just to bid the high amount of the suggested interval, and then bump it down from there. That gets me impressions as long as ctr is decent

Create a profile for a 35 year old male.

Look at ad board.

See all dating ads.

Everyone and their sister is doing dating ads on facebook.