Facebook Frustartions

bizkiller206

Jan 29, 2011
So I'm pretty new to this game, and I've been advertising on Facebook for about three weeks now. I have tried the good old strategy of jumping into it, making campaigns and learning by losing a little money. I've tried a ton of shit and I seem to keep on running into two major problems that are keeping me from making my campaigns profitable. I've tried targeting large ass demos(like 9mill), making my ads very vague in an attempt to just get people to click the damn thing .This has given me decent CTR's which gave me cheap cpc's, but I have found these vague ads don't convert worth shit.
Then I have also made ads specific to my offer for the same large demo, but I find that when I make ads that are specific to my offer that I get awesome conversions around 12%, but then my CTR is shit?! causing my cpc's to be way too high keeping me from profiting.

So where do you guys find the balance between having good quality traffic and having a high CTR.

I want to try super targeted trafficking but I find that the starting cpc bid is ridiculously high. The starting bid would cost more than what the actual offer is worth, and I’m also afraid that it wouldn’t give me enough traffic. I know these are probably noob questions but I'm getting a little desperate. I don't mind putting in the extra hours and work for campaigns, but a little guidance would be nice!
Oh yeah: I've been direct linking and mainly promoting gaming offers like Wizard101

yeah ive had similar problems as well.. maybe its how you target your demographics.. do you just do a broad target based on location or do you actually use "likes"/"interests"?

If you do use likes and interests than maybe the ones you choose aren't what converts best for your offer? Just some thoughts to help!

So I'm pretty new to this game, and I've been advertising on Facebook for about three weeks now. I have tried the good old strategy of jumping into it, making campaigns and learning by losing a little money. I've tried a ton of shit and I seem to keep on running into two major problems that are keeping me from making my campaigns profitable. I've tried targeting large ass demos(like 9mill), making my ads very vague in an attempt to just get people to click the damn thing .This has given me decent CTR's which gave me cheap cpc's, but I have found these vague ads don't convert worth shit.
Then I have also made ads specific to my offer for the same large demo, but I find that when I make ads that are specific to my offer that I get awesome conversions around 12%, but then my CTR is shit?! causing my cpc's to be way too high keeping me from profiting.

So where do you guys find the balance between having good quality traffic and having a high CTR.

I want to try super targeted trafficking but I find that the starting cpc bid is ridiculously high. The starting bid would cost more than what the actual offer is worth, and I’m also afraid that it wouldn’t give me enough traffic. I know these are probably noob questions but I'm getting a little desperate. I don't mind putting in the extra hours and work for campaigns, but a little guidance would be nice!
Oh yeah: I've been direct linking and mainly promoting gaming offers like Wizard101

i have some serious viral facebook pages to offer; just read the thread here. you might find it better, or an addon to your advertising campaign!...

cheers!
PS: your will be free! (PM me)

You sound like your campaign is ripe for a shitload of creative and landing page testing. Freebie: Instead of direct-linking, try driving to an email sign-up and remarket on the back-end. Then you can not only try to push the original offer with a bit more pre-sale, but you can push other offers in the future then as well and be building a valuable asset (email list).

You sound like your campaign is ripe for a shitload of creative and landing page testing. Freebie: Instead of direct-linking, try driving to an email sign-up and remarket on the back-end. Then you can not only try to push the original offer with a bit more pre-sale, but you can push other offers in the future then as well and be building a valuable asset (email list).

That is definately a valid option. In building an email list you have a revenue source waiting to dump comma's into your bank balance.

Try starting out with a single mail when they signup, then hitting them later with other offers that are similar. TEST, TEST, TEST. Test everything.

Another option is stop direct linking. Build a proper LP for your offer and pre sell it hard.

Good luck :)

I'm not sure what niche you are pushing.... but there is one common denominator for all ads. Identify their pain (eye catching headline) and your copy is the pleasure (call to action). this is tried and true. You can make general ads and still use this tactic. I hope this helps...